Leopard Frog Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's some new pics of him. He isn't that shy anymore. I think he's already acclimated to his new home.

image-207972274.jpg

image-850398021.jpg

And a quick snap of my yellow prince tiger. He isn't also that shy anymore.
image-357237859.jpg

Just as stunning as any Zebra Pleco in my humble opinion!

Lovely fish. You must be very proud.

tiguardo said:
Just as stunning as any Zebra Pleco in my humble opinion!

Lovely fish. You must be very proud.

Thanks! I know, they are as beautiful as zebras but not as expensive.

Price is fairly typical for an lfs, that's why I don't buy much from those any longer. I have 15 L-134's from several different sources, hoping some of them will mature enough to start spawning this year. Pattern is typical for a young one, as they grow they'll get much rounder and the pattern will become quite a bit less regular.
They're not algae eaters, thought hey should have some veggie content in their diet. I feed all my fish NLS pellets as the staple diet, occasionally spirulina flake, and once weekly canned green beans or frozen bloodworms.

Price is fairly typical for an lfs, that's why I don't buy much from those any longer. I have 15 L-134's from several different sources, hoping some of them will mature enough to start spawning this year. Pattern is typical for a young one, as they grow they'll get much rounder and the pattern will become quite a bit less regular.
They're not algae eaters, thought hey should have some veggie content in their diet. I feed all my fish NLS pellets as the staple diet, occasionally spirulina flake, and once weekly canned green beans or frozen bloodworms.

Wow! You have 15 of these gorgeous fishes?! That is so cool. Are they in the same tank?

Ya, they're growing out in a 40 breeder with a load of BN pleco's. Tank is loaded with driftwood and Najas, so I rarely see them, but occasionally a couple are visible around feeding time.
Not as slow-growing as Hypancistrus, I have 6 L-333's I picked up a couple years ago that look just about mature enough to spawn now.
The BN grow much faster, about 8-9 months from hatching to spawning size.

Visibility is limited, need to thin the Najas:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/toddnbecka/018.jpg

Peeking out from under cover:
img_1722423_0_f25c625f01a9c9e5a2c80ffc74ac1058.jpg

Small juvie, pic from last summer:
img_1722423_1_d495524a8fd7a4b7ba599ec70fd01758.jpg

Had some in a 75 early last year before I moved them into the 40 and added more juvies:
img_1722423_2_3b7e8c21b4c6c45ce1bdf1c53e501a05.jpg

img_1722423_3_76be76e4049fa097c946e8825706af53.jpg

Latest pic of my guy chilling under a DW.

image-3659582108.jpg

Attachments

• image-2632928831.jpg
    image-2632928831.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 79
The pattern is starting to break up a bit, will most likely become quite a bit more irregular as the fish grows more. Why does it look green though?

toddnbecka said:
The pattern is starting to break up a bit, will most likely become quite a bit more irregular as the fish grows more. Why does it look green though?

The picture was taken with an iphone. Must be the poor lighting or something. He looks normal in person :D

Back
Top Bottom