Lights for my birthday- too much??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankGirl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday was my birthday and Dear Husband finally took my hints and got me new lighting for my 55 heavily planted overgrown jungle. This is an upgrade from 2 48" shoplights, or 4x40w. However, what I requested was 4x55w, and he got me 4x65w. This is the 48" Coralife FW Aqualight with 4 integrated cooling fans and 4 65w 6700K PC bulbs.

I am thrilled to have fancy lights but is a little more than I had planned! I am going to have to really keep an eye on my nutrient dosing and CO2, and watch out for algae. I finally got a horrible algae outbreak under control, so I have some trepidation about increasing my wattage by so much.

Wish me luck! (It sure does look better than the shop lights, anyway :wink: )

Oooo...you sure married the right guy *grin* thats a perfect b-day gift!

I got a 55g for mine last year...looks like I know what to ask for this year LOL

I got a 55g for mine last year...looks like I know what to ask for this year LOL
Yep, my 55 was last year's birthday gift for me!! He also gave me my 12-gal Eclipse for Mother's Day last year. He is the best! His secret is that if he supports my hobby enough then I won't complain when he makes big purchases for HIS hobby.... pretty clever.. 8)

Back
Top Bottom