Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well ordered the 44 pounds of pre-cured Fiji live rock from www.marinedepotlive.com will be getting it tomorrow to put in the new 40 long we are setting up, it was a pretty good deal at 149.95 including shipping but we paid for overnight so we could get it in for the weekend, still 161 is a lot cheaper than the LFS around here that want 5.99 a pound for under 50 pounds, if it's over 50 pounds then they only charge you 4.99, still high if you ask me. Anyways we already have the black tahitian sand in there and has settled and looks good, I'll post a pick of the rock when we get it tomorrow. Just thought I'd share :D

Got it this morning, poor DHL man, you should have seen his face when I told him nope it wasn't fish, it was rocks.

It was packaged nicely, but there was no way I was going to be able to get the icebox out of the cardboard. The only thing I didn't like about it was there were little bugs crawling inside the box, you know the kind you see hopping all over the washed up seaweed on the beach.

The rock smelled earthy and has lots of sponges and other things that I hope don't completly die, it even looked like it had a piece of Halimeda macroalgae that I hope doesn't completely die.

Sorry about the last picture, very sunny day today and I guess the room wasn't dark enough so there is a bit of glare off the glass. The water is still a bit cloudy but that won't last long. :)

Here's a better pic, it cleared up pretty fast. Hara got me hooked on the black sand, it almost looks like charcoal. We love it, we just need to get better lighting, the hood gets built this weekend, then we save up for the lights. :p

Salt4Us said:
Hara got me hooked on the black sand, it almost looks like charcoal. We love it, we just need to get better lighting. :p

You'll find that the black does tend to "absorb" quite a bit of light.
I even noticed a big difference when I put a black back on my tank

Back
Top Bottom