Long armed prawns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's new pictures of her hope it helps! I'll need to get one from the side.

32059-albums2167-picture14335.jpg

32059-albums2167-picture14334.jpg

If you're looking at shrimp/prawns there's many that stay smaller! :)

Hi. I got two exactly like that! They had been on sale as 'Amano Shrimps' in my LPS. They'd been together with other shrimps - looked very similar but slightly smaller and a bit more transparent.
Because I had a couple shrimps before I ask the guy wether they harmless and he confirmed.

But on the other hand you said about them being vicious and I have two fishes missing recently... Coincidence?

Yeah, get them out, mine would eat anything living (she has tried to eat my shrimp that were just a little bit smaller than her at the time) she has also attacked me on several occasions!!! You're from the uk too.. Where abouts did you get them, I got mine from pets at home.. Mine was with 'amano' shrimp.. I bought three, the big one, an amano shrimp and a glass shrimp.

Yeah, get them out, mine would eat anything living (she has tried to eat my shrimp that were just a little bit smaller than her at the time) she has also attacked me on several occasions!!! You're from the uk too.. Where abouts did you get them, I got mine from pets at home.. Mine was with 'amano' shrimp.. I bought three, the big one, an amano shrimp and a glass shrimp.

Yes, I also got mine from 'Pets At Home' and bought two of them. I already can't find my other shrimp ("proper" Amano Shrimp) and can see that my Guppie has one of his fin eaten... Could this by because of them?

I go to the LPS tomorrow and ask about refund/exchange-- it might be tricky though as I don't have the receipt anymore. Worst case scenario - I give them to my cat to play with, 'cause I don't have another tank to put them to :(

HOW DARE YOU PETS AT HOME! I ran to Wilkinsons and bought an 11L until I could get a bigger tank they can live without heat so a aerator until you get a filter!! Honestly, they're awesome pets, mine may attack me and such but it's well worth it! Plus where they gona go when you take them back? To someone with a tank full of fish only to wake up to them the next day with a big fat prawn and that's all.. Worst case scenario they can come live with mine! (if mine didn't want to eat them...) Have yours ever been berried? Mine has never been.. So I guess he's male? After every molt he fasts for a day or two, but females stock up for eggs well at least my female gs does!
Another few pics for ID

313561_290828670930112_100000089438621_1257027_465718124_n.jpg

The molt :)

313561_290828674263445_100000089438621_1257028_539027117_n.jpg

Here I'm putting the pictures of my shrimps. I'm sorry in advance for the quality-- they just won't stay stationary!

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0658.JPG

Seems like pets at home have quite a few different shrimps, the first pic looks different from mine but the second looks a little bit alike

Seems like pets at home have quite a few different shrimps, the first pic looks different from mine but the second looks a little bit alike

It is the same shrimp :angel:
Still, I keep thinking it has a little shorter claws than yours. Maybe it's still a baby?

It is survival of the fittest now, as one of my shrimps has lost an arm! I'm not exactly sure what has happened overnight, but this morning I noticed that one claw is missing... Wow! And they told me at stores that they are the 'gently' ones... This only shows what they know and/or how they care about the client.

...and a picture of one-arm shrimp. God, it grew so BIG!!
Hope it doesn't come out one day to eat me...

Attachments

• image-801773849.jpg
    image-801773849.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 108
UPDATE:
It is not one-clawed shrimp anymore! It's growing back!! I didn't know they can do that... Did you?!

Finally I have a proper picture of my 1.5-armed shrimp! Ain't she a beauty?

Attachments

• image-18065062.jpg
    image-18065062.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 96
Hmm looks like a smaller version of mine, mine was never that dark though.. She turns dark now and then though as if she has it coming..

Mine was white with blue claws. Red stripe down its back. It was over 20" long when I let it go. And by let it go I mean put it in a tank where it was eaten.

I hope mine won't get that big... 20"... Wow.
I'm a bit reluctant to let my shrimps go, but I see my guppies disappearing one by one and other fishes slightly stressed when night comes... Or maybe it's my Black Skirt Tetras are making so much ramble? Please, let it be tetras... I love my shrimps!

Back
Top Bottom