lookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been meaning for a while to "fix" my fish situations. One of my otos died a while back so I only had one, and the pleco was harassing my peppered cory. SO today I took the peppered to the lfs and bought 2 more albinos and 2 more otos. :multi: yea!! The corys wont hold still so the pic is kinda crappy but I will get more. :D

The bag was pushing his tail, but that one did die. I didn't really get a good look at his belly until after he was in the tank, and he was REALLY thin. But I exchanged him today for another healthier looking one. Everyone else is doing great though.

That is a common problem with otos. They get very hungry at the LFS because there is just not enough algae for them, and you don't know if they feed them specifically or not.

Then, supposedly, even when you get them home and feed them they have lost a crucial enzyme in their gut and can't digest what they eat, and they die.

Pick the otos that have round bellies at the LFS, so you know they are getting something to eat.

Otherwise, congrats on your new cats! :D

Back
Top Bottom