Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks like a new Biocube 29 in about a month

Well I was roaming around craigslist for some various things and came across a family selling a year old biocube 29g. They are throwing pretty much everything needed to get started. 12+ lbs of live rock, sand, magfloat, testing kits, heater, various buffers, stand.

The best part is they didn't get very far before their kid lost interest in keeping a saltwater tank. So they barely got past the cycling period. Didn't even get to the CUC.

Looks like I scored a pretty good deal

Old 01-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice! Post pics when you get it

Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fish_man View Post
Nice! Post pics when you get it
haha will do. I've got some big plans for it already. Reef setup with a pair of clowns, maybe get a goby/shrimp combo going. That could be the max already.

Or a valentini puffer and dwarf lion combo. Options are pretty vast right now. The only problem is having to leave it home for the rest of this year and sophomore year without my parents adding random crap to it while I'm gone at TCU (which btw Rose Bowl Champs ) My parents have a habit of trying to get me to add more to my tanks (wanted me to get 2 fishes in my 3 gallon and yellow tail damsels and purple basslets added to my 14 biocube with already a pair of clownfish... also tried to get an anemone for the clowns) my parents are pretty hardcore asians. They have a guppy tank with like a million guppies in a 25 gallon tank and like 50 koi fish in a pond outside.

After this year and next year I will be able to take this and the others with me to an apartment. Out of my parents reach.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Take your time. Nothing good happens quickly in sw.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah I just have to fight with them whenever we go to the LFS for small things like coral frags. They always insist on buying a few more fish for a almost fully stocked tank.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Alright the deal went through and I will be picking it up mid February. All that needs to be done is bucket the rocks, bag the sand, and pack up the tank and supplies it comes with. It looks like the family bought a bottle of AlgaeFix but the freshwater version, not the marine. I don't know if they had added any of it in the tank with the rocks and sand but would it have any negative effects on the rocks?

On another note, I'm still in the dorm and summer is around the corner so I won't be setting it up with any serious livestock besides snails and hermits. As it is curing, the sand will be cleaned and dried out so it won't be in the tank until the tank is ready to be set up seriously. Also, planning on building the tank while it is just sitting in my room, upgrade the return pump, work on the 2nd chamber fuge, save up some money for the nanotuners 3.6 led light system. Look into livestock, so far planning on an anemone and a pair of clowns (this is AFTER the light upgrade) possibly a goby shrimp combo, clam of some sort, and as much coral I can get in the tank.

Tags
bio, biocube, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com