lots of stuff....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medge00

Aquarium Advice FINatic
well, many of you know I've been working on my 20 long. Its actually been up and running for a couple weeks! oops. i guess i forgot to mention. 130 watts, eco complete, diy co2 (adding another 2L tomorrow) . Currently home to a few cardinals, an oto and a flying fox. I'm thinking about getting a apistogramma pair as a center piece. Cacatoides, borelli or trifasciata. Can't decide. So far, only some mild, easily removed hair algae, and a wee bit of spot on the glass. I've got some glosso from Aquariumfreak, not sure how that will do, but I welcome the challenge. by the way freak, the other plants are looking super, hope the swords are working well for you.

A few days ago, I filled my betta's bowl quite high, like to the brim, but since the cat drinks there (never an issue. i promise) I thought all would be well. Well, Vandercook the betta jumped ship. I found him behind the desk, with fur. So he didn't die alone. I think it must have been the worse death. I'm pretty sure the cat didn't fish him out, the cat never even notices the fish in there, he thinks its just his water bowl.

So yesterday I got a new betta. Vandercook was a veil tail, new unnamed betta is a split tail. very interesting creature. and smart. he fears the cat.

I also got a new male ram. hopefully we'll have ram babies on the horizon. I'll keep you posted.

that's all! i'll try to get some pictures soon.

I'm so sorry to hear of Vandercook's early departure. I had a Molly that jumped once--it too was covered in fur, but of the dust bunny kind. The cats never noticed :roll:

Back
Top Bottom