Meet Petey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
I rearranged some fish so I could adopt this baby Pea Puffer. He's in a heavily planted 10 gallon with spider wood and tons of plants. I have a huge colony of Ramshorn snails in their own 10 gallon for food. Petey also eats frozen blood worms. He is always hunting and hard to photograph but quite adorable! :dance:

Attachments

• Petey.jpg
    Petey.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 151
Living on the dangerous side, Petey has 2 Amano shrimp roommates. So far he ignores them, fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Jacques.jpg
    Jacques.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 149
I like "Petey". I've never kept a Pea Puffer. Keep us updated. (y)

Let us know how he gets on with the amano shrimp would love to know if I could keep em together
So far I am missing one shrimp for days but the other one is out and brave. Petey just looks at it and swims away hunting for snails lol. I am going to clean the tank today so I am hoping I will find the other shrimp. So far I haven't found a dead one and Petey's belly hasn't been round until I feed him. :D

So far I am missing one shrimp for days but the other one is out and brave. Petey just looks at it and swims away hunting for snails lol. I am going to clean the tank today so I am hoping I will find the other shrimp. So far I haven't found a dead one and Petey's belly hasn't been round until I feed him. :D

I bet the other one saw Petey and went into hiding, like the little aquatic roach he is. :D

Nice looking puffer! Keep up posted on his adventures.

I keep Amanos with my little puff I’gor in a 9 gallon Biube. They’ve been together for months without any mishap.

I love my pea puffers! Petey is going to be loads of fun! They really are inquisitive fish. Watching them hover around the tank on their daily errands is really funny sometimes :lol: Btw, petey will definitely be fine with Amanos. Mine act like the amanos in their tank aren't even there.

I'm loving this little guy! I hope I don't have to change his name it might be a female:huh:. I noticed TMair's Igor has the wrinkles behind his eyes.

He's a camera ham check out this short video.

He's too cute! I'd let him/ her eat anything it wants. Lol! My angels ate most of my baby Molly's then my other Molly had baby's. Lol! I have lots of delmation Molly's now. Saved all 20+ baby's this time. Lol! It all works out one way or another. Still have 2 from the first batch growing like weeds.

Pea Puffer Update

I have the strangest Pea Puffer. First I think it's a female so new name is Sweet Pea, I know not very original lol. He/she prefers blood worms over snails. It was eating snails for a while and now just lets them live. I have a small mystery snail and ramshorn roaming around the tank. :confused:

I have 4 Amano's and 1 Rili in with puffer and one is large and very berried. When I put the dropper of blood worms in that preggo Amano shrimp will kind of attack the pea puffer and fight for the worms. Pea Puffer just waits for her to go away then eats. How odd is this?? :lol:

Attachments

• Riley & Sweet Pea Still.jpg
    Riley & Sweet Pea Still.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 68
Very pretty tank. It sounds like a unique and funny behavioral situation between the Puffer & Shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom