Mexican Dwarf Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS finally got some Mexican Dwarf Crayfish in! They tend to go fast... especially with a 40% off sale going on, so I went ahead and got a couple. The tank I want them for isnt quite ready yet, so Im hoping they'll be ok in my 10G with Pygmy Cories and Ember Tetras for a little bit.
Im pretty stoked. Ive been wanting some for a while now.

Attachments

• Mexican Dwarf Cray.jpg
    Mexican Dwarf Cray.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 301
I've always wanted them. But my LFS wants. $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've always wanted them. But my LFS wants. $10.

That's cheap, buggers used to be $40-50 about 8 years ago. I tried keeping them in a 30 with shrimp, but they died off over a handful of months and the few babies I did see never lived long enough to mature.

Oh, wow I guess this a good price. I still don't want to spend $10. Have you guys seen the blue ones. There is both orange and blue Mexican dwarf crayfish in my area

Oh, wow I guess this a good price. I still don't want to spend $10. Have you guys seen the blue ones. There is both orange and blue Mexican dwarf crayfish in my area

I have seen that there are such as blue but never seen one anywhere around me for sale. When I was looking around a couple years ago, anywhere that said they had them also said "Out of Stock" lol.

There is a local guy around the area who sells them for $6 from his tank bred stock. He is over 80 min drive for me, and when I did go to meet him my daughters car broke about 10 min from his place and he doesn't own a car so we couldn't meet. :( Look to meet up with him next month at the Aquarium Society meeting. To get some Orange ones I mean, no blues. Unfortunately I have more wants than available $.

I have seen that there are such as blue but never seen one anywhere around me for sale. When I was looking around a couple years ago, anywhere that said they had them also said "Out of Stock" lol.

There is a local guy around the area who sells them for $6 from his tank bred stock. He is over 80 min drive for me, and when I did go to meet him my daughters car broke about 10 min from his place and he doesn't own a car so we couldn't meet. :( Look to meet up with him next month at the Aquarium Society meeting. To get some Orange ones I mean, no blues. Unfortunately I have more wants than available $.

Neptunes just happens to have some in stock right now. (y) Also, I was talking to Patrick at neptunes the other day about rainbow fish and he started talking about you and your tank! I recognized it when he said there's this lady that comes here and she had rainbow fish in an awesome 72 gallon bow! :eek: In my head I went " wait, that's autumnsky!" You go the neptunes? Right?

Neptunes just happens to have some in stock right now. (y) Also, I was talking to Patrick at neptunes the other day about rainbow fish and he started talking about you and your tank! I recognized it when he said there's this lady that comes here and she had rainbow fish in an awesome 72 gallon bow! :eek: In my head I went " wait, that's autumnsky!" You go the neptunes? Right?

LOL yes, I just got Boesemani Rainbow pair about 3 weeks/ month ago and was talking to him!!! Small world, :cool:!

Neptunes has Blues?

Oh that's really cool. My store has ivory crayfish but they are not dwarf.

Woot! One of them already molted today. Hopefully the other one will leave him/her alone for a bit. There's plenty of places to hide that are better than were it is right now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom