Molly fry w/ red bellies??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi---
My dalmatian Molly Cruella is having her babies and most of them have red bellies?!! My other Dal Molly had all gray babies and they are just starting to show coloration and spots at 10 days old... Anyone know what's goin on? :)

Ty

On the 9th Maggie had 39 babies ( only know cause I moved them one by one) And last night Cruella had 40+/-... can't tell completely because 3 days before I put her in my 10 gal fry tank with Maggi's week old babies to give me a direct deposit! LOL ... watched her for awhile and she wasn't eating or chasing the existing babies... She started having them around 9pm and finished around 2am... I'm glad these two births I've experienced haven't taken hours and hours or days... Both mollies wound up skinny as can be after they were done...
Moved Cruella back into main tank in the middle of the night much to Cesar's delight! He's the big cahuna of them all
Soooooo now my fry tank has 2 batches... Filled with approx 75-80 fry...
My creamsicle, Suki, looks to be due in another couple weeks... Will be my first lyretail birth so I'm excited!! I need to get another fry tank huh... LOL I went crazy... I have 4 females and 1 male...

Think it would be ok to put one mor batch in in a couple weeks or am I too crowded? Several LFS will take them at 1.5", 2", 2.5" ... How long does this take? Lol

Okay, so how many will be in the tank? Roughly?

There are 80+/- now... 12 days and 2 days old... I'm going to take a pic of suki for u to look at to guess how far along she is..

Hmm, big number for a 10g, I wouldn't add anymore, got any other tanks?

Don't have any other tanks... Thinking about craigslist instead of spending another $30 for tank and hood plus lights and a filter.. Easy $50-$60...

Back
Top Bottom