Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

moon jelly fish?

i have been very interested in these have always though jellys where cool. there is an aquarium set up at (jellyfishart.com) its only a desk top set up for $300 comes with the hole tank set up filter,heater,ect... my question is are they hard to tend to in any way or is it pretty easy. another question is if anybody has this and what are your thoughts and would you recommend them

thanks..

Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I saw this site a while ago too and was very tempted to buy one right there and then. I didn't bc I don't have room for it, but it's definitely on my list, I'm thinking an aquarium for on an office desk.
According to their website the jellies are easy to care for, but I never trust a website that's trying to sell u stuff. My concern is how on earth do they ship them to u. It looks like in a bag and box, I would think any rough handling and the jellies would end up in pieces.
I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has any experience with them

Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yea that's true I did see that tit showed on there video it arrived in a bag inside a box. I didn't realize that it could present a problem like that I think they should be fine. Hopefully somebody who has had experience will give advise on jellys
Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

No ones had experience with moon jellies?

Well if u do decide to get some, u gotta post how it goes!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Moon jellies get fairly large and you would need at least a 75g kreisel just for 1 or 2 at adult size (multiples for juveniles). Jellies need multiple daily feedings of 48hr nauplii, minced mysis, and/or cyclop-eze. They also require thorough cleanings weekly and cooler temps. Having worked with them I can only recommend them for professionals. Many jellies offered (even their site) require larger tanks in months to come for actual growout.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #6
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
Moon jellies get fairly large and you would need at least a 75g kreisel just for 1 or 2 at adult size (multiples for juveniles). Jellies need multiple daily feedings of 48hr nauplii, minced mysis, and/or cyclop-eze. They also require thorough cleanings weekly and cooler temps. Having worked with them I can only recommend them for professionals. Many jellies offered (even their site) require larger tanks in months to come for actual growout.
Thats a bummer. Hopefully, someday I will be enough of an expert and have the space to take care of 1 or 2. They are very beautiful and amazing creatures.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com