More new stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerbchek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need to be stopped... Since buying our house a year ago, we went from one 20 gallon long tank to two 55 gallons and 2 30 gallons - plus the 20 is still up and running (only has gold fish from our backyard pond for the winter).

Today I found a 46 gallon bow front and a 29 gallon tank on craigslist for $20 a piece... neither have anything with them, including no hood/light. I need to build a new stand for our living room to put the 55 gallon on the bottom and perhpas the bow front on top... not sure how I'll do it yet... I enjoy building stands... done it before... I also need to buy a hood for the bow front - I'm sure I'll have to special order it from one of our local pet stores...

With needing to purchase the hoods/lamps, filters, gravel, plants, and all that other good stuff, AND having to build the stand(s) it'll be a while before I get them up and going -

I'm thinking cichlids for the bow front - I have no idea what to do with the 29 gallon, but for $20 I couldn't pass the purchase up... Sorry salty friends... I don't think I'll be starting that hobby until I retire, and that's a ways a way yet...

My family is going to kill me!!!!:uzi:

Last edited:
LOL Welcome to my world! I have 14 tanks now, only 3 years ago I had 2. I once even considered getting rid of the kitchen table for a 75 gal! Congrats on the new tank.

Saltwater can be a pain- freshwater's cheaper and I think can be even prettier. Good luck- I'm debating much needed furniture vs. a goldfish tank so you're not totally alone, Zagz. :D

started a 29 gal about 4 months ago... now im all ready for my new 150 gal when my house is done being built... im sure itll only go downhill from there i feel your pain...

I'm debating much needed furniture vs. a goldfish tank so you're not totally alone, Zagz. :D
No need to debate! They actually make furniture to house your fish at the same time as being functional! Like this one!

Now if I can only convince my wife that we need to remodel the kitchen... ;)

Catatonicbug that table is cool but it would be hard for me to put food on top of it, it would block the view.

:p:p:p MTS is great, however your family will start to look at you as if you have lost complete leave of your senses. I am proof of that.

Back
Top Bottom