MTS has struck. :facepalm:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found a 25 gallon tank that will fit perfectly on my dry sink for $30 on craigslist soooooo that's 2 acquired tanks in a week. :whistle:

:dance:

the same thing happened to me!!! the week i bought and started cycling my 10g, i found a 20g on the side of the road, which is my qt tank now. do you have any ideas on what u want to put in it?

Ahhaha! Craigslist is so dangerous! (and addicting!) I get scolded every time my wife catches me on there.

(Case in point: I'm currently sitting on the couch, and there are 12 tanks within viewing distance.)

What are you planning to do with your new find?

My boyfriend helps keep the mts in check here. Three tanks plus an empty 1.5 gallon on my nightstand. If I had no one to provide a voice of reason I would probably not have any walking room in my bedroom...
But congrats on the nice find! Craigslist down here never has many tanks though. I've looked, lol

I ended up passing on the 25 because I found a 29 the same day for less money....lol. So now I have a 30, a 29, and a 10. And someone is giving away another 10 today, but I think I may have been too late...lol....gotta be quick for the freebies!!

I want to use my 29 for a GBR/community tank. The half moon 10 is currently a qt, but it's just too pretty for that...I NEED another 10 for qt (it's a sickness, I tell ya!!) :lol:

I agree that it's a sickness but since I quit smoking the money has to go somewhere, just got home from picking up a 47 gallon bowfront complete with lids, light, stand, fluval 305 substrate and some small dw for $50. and my wife wonders why I check CL 4-5 times a day

I agree that it's a sickness but since I quit smoking the money has to go somewhere, just got home from picking up a 47 gallon bowfront complete with lids, light, stand, fluval 305 substrate and some small dw for $50. and my wife wonders why I check CL 4-5 times a day

Wow!!! Sweet deal!! (y)

:dance:
Made arrangements to pick this up tomorrow....here's the listing:

FREE! FREE! FREE! 1(one) 10 gallon fish tank with filter, light, hood, rocks, plants and decorations. Comes with 1 royal blue Betta, 5 neon Tetras, 1 Asian Algae eater, and 2 striped Cory Catfish. All food, And necessary tank maintenance items included. Moving and need to find them a good home.

And, yeah, I know it's overstocked. I'll be moving them around into other tanks. What would be the best method to acclimate them to my water? Should I slowly fill the aquarium back up for the fishies that will be staying in this tank? Thanks!

I'll try to get some pictures of them today. They are ALL a work in progress. The 29 is going to be a breeding tank for electric blue rams I think (it's not established enough for them yet). One 10 is my daughter's betta/neons tank. My half moon 10 houses my 3 girl guppies and a boy endler (experimenting with hybrids there). I'm setting up yet another 10 today for my guppy fry. And I just got a 6 that I plan to heavily plant and put blue tiger shrimp in.

It's an addiction....lol....there are never enough tanks for all of the ideas in my head. :rolleyes:

multiple tank syndrome rocks when you can get your wife in on it, I've got a 150,90,26 gal up and running and @ 4 other tanks waitng in the wings for future ideas

Jill- Interesting project. Depends on how you find the fish (healthy or in need of serious meds) and how far you have to travel. I would do the cautious route and take the fish home in buckets using their tank water. You don't want to shock them with new, pristine water so use at least half a tanks worth of their water to reassemble tank. Keep the filter submerged so the good bacteria survive the trip, and then reassemble the tank with their water plus topping off with new, conditioned water, if needed.

Somehow you want to quarantine these fish before adding them to your tanks. (Or do the reverse method-sacrifice a fish from one of your established tanks by putting him in the 10g. If he lives for two +weeks without any ill effects, then the fish in the new tank are probably ok to add to your tanks. I read this on one of these forums but never tried it). After quarantine just follow the standard drip method: put the fish to be transferred in a container with his water, then slowly add the new tank water over an hours time-then net fish and add to new tank. I"ve learned that no two tanks are the same-my 75g and 10g have different ph levels for instance so I acclimate the fish depending on which tank they are moving into. Good luck with your free find!

Jill- Interesting project. Depends on how you find the fish (healthy or in need of serious meds) and how far you have to travel. I would do the cautious route and take the fish home in buckets using their tank water. You don't want to shock them with new, pristine water so use at least half a tanks worth of their water to reassemble tank. Keep the filter submerged so the good bacteria survive the trip, and then reassemble the tank with their water plus topping off with new, conditioned water, if needed.

Somehow you want to quarantine these fish before adding them to your tanks. (Or do the reverse method-sacrifice a fish from one of your established tanks by putting him in the 10g. If he lives for two +weeks without any ill effects, then the fish in the new tank are probably ok to add to your tanks. I read this on one of these forums but never tried it). After quarantine just follow the standard drip method: put the fish to be transferred in a container with his water, then slowly add the new tank water over an hours time-then net fish and add to new tank. I"ve learned that no two tanks are the same-my 75g and 10g have different ph levels for instance so I acclimate the fish depending on which tank they are moving into. Good luck with your free find!

I always use established filter media to start up a new tank, and I'm pretty anal about checking parameters daily and doing water changes when needed. ;)

New fish go into quarantine before being introduced to new tank mates. (y)

Back
Top Bottom