Multis !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Alright, so thanks to the f/s ad that Kristin (JustOneMore20) had on here a while back, I have been wanting multis ever since. I havent been able to find them anywhere around here for less than $30 and I refuse to pay that much for fish. Finally found some on craigslist, along with an AC20, 10g tank, black sand, lots of shells, light, heater, and a few other things. Best part is, im getting it all for $40! The fish alone are worth twice that much. Here are two pictures from the ad, ill have them tomorrow night so i can take some better pics of them set up here.

Last edited:
Haha, thanks :) Kristin, if you hadnt sold yours, i probably would have never known about them. Now, I do have a couple questions about them. I know with my mbuna, and the convicts i had before, i was unable to keep any plants in the tank because they either ate them, or just plain destroyed them. Are multis plant safe or will it be another rock only tank (with shells of course)?

hope you get them. anubias maybe swords java ferns and moss should all be fine.

I got my multis!!! Theyre acclimating now. I had to clean the tank big time, it was a mess. the guy knew what he was doing, just didnt have the time to clean them like he should. Anyways, a few more pwc's should get all the mess out, i got the worst part. Im simply amazed at how much flow the ac20 is putting out. Now i completely understand why everybody loves them so much. Ive got a billion shells and there are 8 adults and too many fry to count. Ill probably sell off some of the fry once they get a little bigger. there are two breeding colonies. 4 on one side of the tank, 4 on the other. kinda neat. pics will be posted soon :)

I saw that post a long time ago by JustOneMore20 and it also inspired me to get a little group of multies. They really are cool little fish and have so much personality once they stop being super nervous.
It was so sad when I first got them. I went to this fish store that was reputed to be really amazing, but when I said I wanted two boys and two girs he gave me two female multies and two juvenile fairy cichlids, woops. That didn't work very well for the day that I had the fairy cichlids. I eventually went back and got two more multies and they turned out to be a boy and a girl, so that made a nice little harem in my tank.

Ditto! I have wanted some since she posted hers too!!! LOL, sounds like we all got the Multi obsession! HAHA!

Congrats Rookie! That's a great find! :)

Thanks :) I was going to take some pictures, but the tank basically looks like it did in the pictures i posted, except the fish are all hiding in the shells still. Ive only seen one so far, and it went right back in its shell. My only worry now is that i have all the shells upright so that they can leave when they want lol.

I also might mention that i had 2 julidochromis given to me, and he offered me 8 more if i want them whenever my 55 gets done cycling. So this was an excellent find imo

here are a few pictures of the tank. its still kinda dirty, i didnt want to completely clean everything and have to worry about a mini cycle, so im just going to take it slow and do lots of pwc's. There are a few fry swimming around right now, and i can see a few tails if i look in the shells. I wish they would come out so i could see them!

img_1070265_0_cf0760e8f12f14daad302c4531b6b4e3.jpg

img_1070265_1_27786bb38d3312c0420541bca9cbe5e8.jpg

img_1070265_2_bb59d8e737153c40f895e2c3cccff233.jpg

:smilecolros:

lol.. funny thing. the guy told me it was an ac20, and i believed him. keep in mind ive never owned an aquaclear filter before. Looking at the filter today, the lid says ac50 on it. so that explains why it has so much flow lol

since you have so many would you consider selling them and shipping some too me? (I got first dibs.) Because i have looked and looked and looked for them and i can find nothing. Awsome find i tell u, awsome find.

when i have enough, ill sell some to anybody who wants them. i would honestly be scared to ship them, but who knows. Im thinking of moving them to a 29g tank eventually. I know the filter would be sufficient lol. Ive heard that they'll breed more and have more fry if they ahve a bigger tank, any truth to that?

Back
Top Bottom