Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Multis !!!!!

Alright, so thanks to the f/s ad that Kristin (JustOneMore20) had on here a while back, I have been wanting multis ever since. I havent been able to find them anywhere around here for less than $30 and I refuse to pay that much for fish. Finally found some on craigslist, along with an AC20, 10g tank, black sand, lots of shells, light, heater, and a few other things. Best part is, im getting it all for $40! The fish alone are worth twice that much. Here are two pictures from the ad, ill have them tomorrow night so i can take some better pics of them set up here.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Excellent find, congrats!

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow, you lucky punk.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
Congrats on your Multis! Glad I inspired you to get some.

JustOneMore20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Haha, thanks Kristin, if you hadnt sold yours, i probably would have never known about them. Now, I do have a couple questions about them. I know with my mbuna, and the convicts i had before, i was unable to keep any plants in the tank because they either ate them, or just plain destroyed them. Are multis plant safe or will it be another rock only tank (with shells of course)?

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

hope you get them. anubias maybe swords java ferns and moss should all be fine.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I got my multis!!! Theyre acclimating now. I had to clean the tank big time, it was a mess. the guy knew what he was doing, just didnt have the time to clean them like he should. Anyways, a few more pwc's should get all the mess out, i got the worst part. Im simply amazed at how much flow the ac20 is putting out. Now i completely understand why everybody loves them so much. Ive got a billion shells and there are 8 adults and too many fry to count. Ill probably sell off some of the fry once they get a little bigger. there are two breeding colonies. 4 on one side of the tank, 4 on the other. kinda neat. pics will be posted soon

Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Sonomakid
Awesome mfd, congrats cant wait to see updated pics
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

I saw that post a long time ago by JustOneMore20 and it also inspired me to get a little group of multies. They really are cool little fish and have so much personality once they stop being super nervous.
It was so sad when I first got them. I went to this fish store that was reputed to be really amazing, but when I said I wanted two boys and two girs he gave me two female multies and two juvenile fairy cichlids, woops. That didn't work very well for the day that I had the fairy cichlids. I eventually went back and got two more multies and they turned out to be a boy and a girl, so that made a nice little harem in my tank.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ditto! I have wanted some since she posted hers too!!! LOL, sounds like we all got the Multi obsession! HAHA!

Congrats Rookie! That's a great find!

Tags
multis

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com