My 1st New Betta :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicalfishlady

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all,ive just bought my 1st Male Crowntail Betta to go in my 10 gallon,i have one cory left in there so hope he gets on with him.ill post pics when he settles in,he is lovely,ive named him Merlin :)

Hi all,ive just bought my 1st Male Crowntail Betta to go in my 10 gallon,i have one cory left in there so hope he gets on with him.ill post pics when he settles in,he is lovely,ive named him Merlin :)

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics

You should add 1 more cory. They like to be in trios but a pair will work in a 10. He'll be more active and happy.

You should add 1 more cory. They like to be in trios but a pair will work in a 10. He'll be more active and happy.

Im hoping too the one i have in was left from fish i had a good while ago,he was one of 3 Julii(false), ive had him 2 n half yrs now,had some habrosus with him 4 of them but i got a water problem and sadly lost them,i want to see how Betta gets on with one i have 1st,all seems ok up to know,he has flared at cory a few times and at my Malaysian Trumpet snail lol,but otherwise he seems ok,so later on i plan to add a small group of habrosus,tbh he has been fine on his own doing typical cory thing,but i had to wait to sort water out before i got the Betta but he will have mates soon hopefully

Lovely betta. Beautiful purple fins! You picked the perfect name for him. His coloring and finnage give him a such a mystical appearance.

Thank you,i too thought it was an apt name for him,i love dragons and wizards :)

Some more pics of Merlin,I love him he is great !!!
He flares a bit at my cory i had left from last fish,but he is fine with him,was hoping he would get on with cory as i want to get a few cory habrosus later on once Merlin.settles in just so my cory has a few other cory species so he not on his own,he has been ok on his own like before i got Merlin.i lost some cory habrosus when i got a mini cycle but my Julii survived it all bless him heres pics :

ForumRunner_20130130_161623.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_161623.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_161648.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_161706.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_161724.jpg

Lovely pics.

I would put the betta back in after I stocked all the other fish. Otherwise it seems to the betta that you are putting intruders into his territory. I think.

Lovely pics.

I would put the betta back in after I stocked all the other fish. Otherwise it seems to the betta that you are putting intruders into his territory. I think.

Seems differing opinions ive had on this subject,some av sed see how he gets on with your cory then maybe get a few more others sed to get the cories then Betta i asked the bloke at LFS and its a good store he knows a lot,not like a lot of others i can mention he said they are usually ok with.cories mmmmmmmm :-/
If i take him out i have no where to put him :-/

Some more pics of Merlin,I love him he is great !!!
He flares a bit at my cory i had left from last fish,but he is fine with him,was hoping he would get on with cory as i want to get a few cory habrosus later on once Merlin.settles in just so my cory has a few other cory species so he not on his own,he has been ok on his own like before i got Merlin.i lost some cory habrosus when i got a mini cycle but my Julii survived it all bless him heres pics :

Beautiful pics! I hope he gets on well with your cory, mine was a grump with everyone i added, then i moved my cories over from my other tank and he does fine with them:)

Back
Top Bottom