My 26 gallon (stocking information?!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm new to the hobby. . I have a 26 gallon fluval bow front. Inside I have..

2 adult female guppies
2 sucker fish 1.5 inch each (pleco)
4 guppy juvenile (6 week old)
20 guppy babies (2 or 3 weeks old)
2 young angelfish
(body about the size of an Oreo)

When my smallest guppy fry gets 2 months old, im planning on giving away all the female guppies.

So my questions are

is this tank overstocked at the moment ?

Can it stay with all these fish for 2 months ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427934089.066953.jpg

I researched the nitrogen cycle. I cycled it using fish (2 guppies) in method &seeded it with filter media from my 5 gal. Not sure if it's fully cycled yet (it's been 3 weeks) ammonia is 0 and nitrates/nitrite is normal. I do water changes very often. Ph is 7 & temp is 78 degrees

hi,have you tried aqadvisor.com ?,i always check there for my fish tank stock..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

did you click where it says to use juvenile size?,so you can put the size of the young and fry fish that you have..

Oh I didn't see that option. But Both angelfish died :( I guess my tank isn't cycled yet. Now there is 2adult female guppies and 1 pleco and 12guppy fry

I did a 98percent water change and added way more plants and flourite

New plants. Flourite. And less fish. . (2adult female guppies) 12 guppy fry and one pleco (26gallon)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428088902.280341.jpg

I just tested the water again and it's still ph 7. Ammonia 0. nitrite 0.1 and nitrate 5(or abit less than 5). - How will I know when my tank is fully cycled? - How often should i test the water?

hi,i don't have as much experience as many people here have,but for what i've been reading when there is sign of nitrates the tank is cycled.
how long have you got this tank for?

hi,i don't have as much experience as many people here have,but for what i've been reading when there is sign of nitrates the tank is cycled.
how long have you got this tank for?

I think I've had it about 4weeks I'm not sure . But 2weeks ago (about) I did a 99 percent water change and just last guy I uprooted and took out all the plants. Stirred around the rocks and replanted it all ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428608161.820050.jpg

If you maintain right you can overstocking.

Sent from my Micromax A177 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom