Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pumped out the water tonight and will move all indoors tomorrow. I used a utility pump they had 20 ft of 3/4 inch tubing attached to with a ball valve. I had at first thought well this is the pump that services the SWC Octopus DNW 150 skimmer but why did they have that much hose attached to it. Maybe they used it to move water from their RO barrels to the tank and such. Will a MaxiJet 1200 serve as supply pump for this skimmer? I can no longer read the labeil on the larger utility pump I used tonight but it emptied 72 gal water in about 15 min. max. I wish I knew the GPH of this pump as I need a new return pump for this build.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good luck moving it in! Then the fun really begins!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Talking

Ok all moved inside and a few items to accumulate before the actuall build. I am ordering a Quiet One 2200 pump this weekend for the return. I have chosen to use flex tubing instead of ridgid for most of the plumming except of course a couple valves and fittings and clamps. I will need down the road a good 300 watt plus T 5 half and half fixture.

I have a refugium that at a later date I may install that is fitted with 1/2 inch bulk heads. Depending on how stable this will all end up I may use it as a hospital tank if it is big enoeph. I think it is about 3-5 gal.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterRick View Post
Ok all moved inside and a few items to accumulate before the actuall build. I am ordering a Quiet One 2200 pump this weekend for the return. I have chosen to use flex tubing instead of ridgid for most of the plumming except of course a couple valves and fittings and clamps. I will need down the road a good 300 watt plus T 5 half and half fixture.

I have a refugium that at a later date I may install that is fitted with 1/2 inch bulk heads. Depending on how stable this will all end up I may use it as a hospital tank if it is big enoeph. I think it is about 3-5 gal.
Cool! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I would say a minimum size for a hospital tank would be 10 gallons.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bow front, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com