my beautiful new filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
thanks to a very generous member of this forum i got a used XP3 at an extreamly good price and it works tremendously well. withing 15 min of having it on my water not only looked cleaner but i also noticed where there used to buildups of crud there wasnt anymore and it also eliminated all the old dead spots i had in the tank. my cichlids in the tank are loving the increased flow. i am doing a big water change tonight in hopes of getting a spawn again with the newly sparkling water. but i have to drill out the spray bar holes since they make a very veyr annoying whilstle noise. i had read alot of post saying this but i ignored it lol here she is in all her glory although i am sure everyone has seen an XP3 before lol.

i have another tank beside the 55 thast why there are soo many wires.
img_700155_0_903443e5818778d0eda57a4fd29f6cbb.jpg

I am really excited for you--seriously, I find that beautiful! I love my XP3, and I'm happy you have a nice new filter. I love aquarium equipment... :oops:

lol i have a penguin 350b on there now and it is ok but not up to what i want. i am hoping to get another Xp3 for when i set up my next tank. or maybe just throw it on this one. who says 2 XP3 are too much for a 55 gal lol

do u get that really annoying whilstle coming from the spray bar aswell? its not really loud but extreamly annoying. i have it running in my room and i cant hear it at all which suprised me. my aquaclear 30 is louder than that thing lol.

Nope no whistles. I can hear the humming of the filter if I get really close to it, but thats all. Mine is in my room too. My HOB drives me crazy with the trickling sound. The XP3 is super quiet.

i just fill the tank up to the point where the water meets the out put of the filter so u dont get the tricklle. i actually meant the motor on my aquaclear is louder then the XP3 lol. i need to drill the holes larger on the spray bar to get rid of the stupid whistle then it will be perfect. my fish are actually more active now woth the extra current in the tank.

I have the XP3 on a 50 gallon tank which I have know doubt is overkill,but man oh man do I love it.Hard to imagine a better canister for water quailty imo.

I'll also add the tank has never had a bit of algea...now it might be a coincidence,I can't say for sure...BUT..I started this tank with that filter and half a year later I have NEVER,not one time,EVER had to clean the glass.Not diatoms,not green, not nothing.And thats far from true with my other FW tanks.

Either way you are gonna love it.

Oh...no whistles here either.Honestly I'm not sure how you hear it if the bar is under water.

u want to hear it lol go up to the tank and turn down one of the valves for the flow in the tank(assuming u hooked them up) and then listen and turn it back on. there is to much water trying to be pushed through the spray bar at once. i also shortened my spraybar by 2 holes casue of the width of my tank. i drilled the holes a little larger and it seems to be fine now. the water clarity in my tank now is unbelievable. i just need more fish lol i lost half of my fish a few weeks ago due to an unknown illness. i had 8 4-5" cichlids then 4 just up and died overnight. very odd. thats part of why i went with the new cannister.

Back
Top Bottom