My first Apistos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
5 Apistogramma cacatuoides "Orange flash"

piced them up topday from a local breeder for $20

2 males, 2 females and 1 "not sure yet"(apisto experts your help would be appreciated...)

LFS sells them for $12 each

wow, what a deal!!! my LFS sells the same ones for 60 bucks each 100bucks a pair! I still want some though. He said he could order me in some lower quality ones in and give them to me for 9 bucks which i think is still pretty good.

I'm guessing they went inot the 75gal? that will be perfect for in there, hopefully you get the breeding!

WaterPond said:
LFS sells them for $12 each

wow, what a deal!!! my LFS sells the same ones for 60 bucks each 100bucks a pair! I still want some though. He said he could order me in some lower quality ones in and give them to me for 9 bucks which i think is still pretty good.

I'm guessing they went inot the 75gal? that will be perfect for in there, hopefully you get the breeding!
yea in my 75

100 bucks a pair!! :? i do not know if i will breed them, right now i do not have a breeding tank, and i doubt that if they do breed the fry will survive in a community tank, maybe if they show signs of wanting to breed i will pick up an extra tank...

Jchillin said:
I've got three males and two females. The top right, top left and bottom top.
that is what i was thinking too so as they grow i might need to get ride of two of the males to keep aggression down...

I am not experienced with apistos but seems like you have 3 males and 2 females. I know that the females aren't as brightly colored as the males are.

bs6749 said:
I am not experienced with apistos but seems like you have 3 males and 2 females. I know that the females aren't as brightly colored as the males are.
that could also be the light angle... use flash cause my camera "moves from high to low pressure" (sucks), this helps prevent motion blure... :?

I'm guessing the stripe down the body of the "males" is the tell? Aside from the color, that seems to be the major difference... Nice looking fish, I'm sure they'll be happy in their new home!

well i am not able to see them all (i think they are hidding under a piece a driftwood...i hope they are just hidding :?. they are still small (slightly smaller then my cardinal tetra) and there is the possibilty that my angels could catch them...

largest male and one of the females (clearly female) are a little braver, even went nose to nose with male GBR, lol

Back
Top Bottom