Originally Posted by vikas bharti
Hi I give some top tips so u r fish not dide.
1. U r fish dide bcz " new tank syndromes".
2. In new tank u should run u r tank filter 1week without adding fish.
3. add blue'red'anticlorien mediation 3 all when start new tank .
4.add only one of two fish at 1st time(if anything going bad so u lost only one or two fish) .
5 .if all going good add only max 2 fish in a week.
6 . do only 10% to 30% water change in a week & u can use filter water by home filter machine.
7.add all 3 medicine when change water & if u forget change water then don't very u can do next week but max 30% .
8. Barb is good fish for 1st timer.
9. Wash u r filter in 7 to 10 days max.
10. Feed fish tow times in a day ( I feed 8 am & 8 pm )
11. At the time feed turn light off & after fish finish all food then on light min 30min.
12. Turn light off in night.
13.u r filter move all u r tank water 3 times in a one hour (if u have 10g tank then u should a 30g/h filter)
I have tank 3 year old & I don't use any test kits .just I ues all tips .if have any questions text me with my name
Sent from my Micromax A177 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I get the feeling we have somewhat of a language barrier. 1)For what its worth I never advocate medicating a tank without a reason to, though I'm unfamiliar with the meds you recommended. 2) not all barbs are good beginner fish, tigers for example can be very aggressive.
3) Running a filter with no fish for a week does nothing for cycling a tank. 4) I'm not sure where you got only do 10-30% water change as often in fish in cycling (which is what you are recommending) often times 50% or more changes are necessary. 5) I have no idea why you want to turn lights out at feeding then back on, I try to mimmick nature with my light cycle.
Maybe do more research before administering advice.