My First Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
So, cruising around petsmart today to get some sponges for my ac50, i convinced my wife to look at the bettas... She has me on a "no fish" policy until april after some recent purchases, but decided she liked it. Its a male crowntail and it took looking through 50 of the little cups to find one we both liked. I've got it acclimating right now, but ill have pics up soon. BTW, she has already named it Oodle
:eek2:

i cant get a pic of it tonight, im not sure if its gonna die or if its just trying to adapt to my tank. it keeps hiding in the plants or by the filter. not moving a whole lot. idk, poor thing was stuck in that little cup for no telling how long. maybe it just doesnt know what to do in a world 100x as big? i guess we shall see in the morning

ive got a good feeling about this fish.. my wife walks in there every 10 minutes to check and make sure hes still alive... maybe this will get her more in to the hobby (which would mean more tanks!)

My Bar-Mitzvah was fish-themed, so to put a long story short I had possision of about 7 Beta Fish. They were a ton of fun, and I often thought they were dead too... good luck with yours!

My Bar-Mitzvah was fish-themed, so to put a long story short I had possision of about 7 Beta Fish. They were a ton of fun, and I often thought they were dead too... good luck with yours!

crazy jews.... LOL j/k

I would say he was just getting used to you. Mine still freaks a bit if you go up to the tank to fast or loudly. How is he doing?

Bettas are an awesome fish! Very beautiful and have great personalities, even if they are lazy sometimes.. Very entertaining when they want to be though.

Welcome to the dark side rook. Lol.

I love my bettas, and am planning a sorority. This is how I got into fish, so maybe your wife will be the same way!

so where are the pics!?!? did you post them in another thread? i wanna seeeee!!! can't wait to get my betta tank going :D

mommytron said:
so where are the pics!?!? did you post them in another thread? i wanna seeeee!!! can't wait to get my betta tank going :D

I agree.

The populace demands pictures! Didn't happen without 'em!!

mfdrookie516 said:
Read the date. This thread is over a year old. I haven't had a betta for almost a year now haha

Sorry. I read it wrong cause I was looking at it when I should've been in bed. Well, then what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom