My first catfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little-AL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bought 2 x common plec's today - really pleased with them! Can;t wait to watch them grow before they go in to a bigger tank!

img_1066499_0_844b90894cde6e41fbc0635e482ecde8.jpg

i believe that is a hillstream loach in the picture youve posted

I was just looking at this myself.. And I totally agree with you on that. If it is indeed a hillstream loach, and they were sold as common plecs, what a find.. and how about the ignorance of who sold them..lol.

I was just looking at this myself.. And I totally agree with you on that. If it is indeed a hillstream loach, and they were sold as common plecs, what a find.. and how about the ignorance of who sold them..lol.

+3

Yep it's a hillstream. An excellent buy I might add. I eventually plan to turn our 20L into a hillstream tank. (once all the bettas have died.) Yeah, I plan in advance.

Thanks for the info everyone!

So i've i've bought a hillstream loach thinking its a common plec - did I get a good deal?

I looked around online and they seem to be the same price as the common pleco, however I have never seen any of these around my area. So, Yeah, I think you got a good deal in the fact of it being sorta odd, if indeed they aren't common around your area.

Well i've been to 6 different LFS and that was the only place stocking them!

They are definitely cool little characters - have finally discovered the driftwood and settled in quite nicely!

Thanks everyone for the ID :)

well its more like common plecos are a bad deal since most dont have the size tank to deal with them. they max out at about 24 inch.... hillstream loach does better in cool fast flowing high oxygenated water.

Back
Top Bottom