Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok, so i'm down to 2. they're staying in a corner, still breathing, but not doing much else... i honestly have no clue what i'm going to find tomorrow.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I feel for you.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks i saw one swimming around after i turned off the lights... man i hope they either die or show me they're going to live... because i'm going to get my $ back tomorrow and need to know how much they're gonna owe me...
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

ugh. one is on it's way out. they seem to just lose control of themselves... they start swimming sporadically, trying to jump out of the water almost, then they just stop and float to the bottom gasping and sit there, usually on their backs until they lose control of their lungs. it's sad to watch, but it happens so fast i don't have time put together a way to put them out of their misery. the other one seems fully in control, but only time will tell with these guys.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's a bummer. Are all your other fish doing ok? Good luck at Petco.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

What size tank are these in? Is there a lot of flow? Cories are labyrinth fish that require a 'gulp' of air every so often. If the tank is too tall or there is too much flow for them to make it to the top they can actually drown in the tank. I'm not sure if this is the case or not but I've seen it happen in a buddy's tank. Luckily we caught it and were able to save the rest of his.

Sorry to hear about your loss's if you can't chalk the losses up to anything, I would see if you can get your money back. I doubt they will, I never had luck with refunds on live fish.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

they're in a ten gallon "QT" with 6 glo-lite tetras and a bolivian ram. it's basically a DT with fish i'm willing to risk while i watch the new guys. the filter is an AC30 on minimum flow. i bet i can get my money back. they have a 30 day gaurantee on live fish, and i have my receipt, so they'd better. the last one "seems" ok. it's not moving much, but when it does it wriggles around like a happy cory should. i'll check before i leave and hope it either shows some dramatic signs of improvement, or deteriorates to a point where i can determine it's future. thanks for all the responses guys, i'm stumped on this one.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular

sorry to hear about your fish...I've had similar experiences with Julii's from Petco...seemed fine for the first week, then all died within 2 days. The school of Peppered Cory's I have now that replaced the Julii's have been doing fine for over a month, so maybe give another species a try.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah, i'm about tempted to try that, but i guess i have to try again if this little guy makes it. as of now he's looking absolutely terrified, and isn't moving a lot... but he has control when he does move and seems to be doing ok.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

got my money back they insisted on testing my water first, (thankfully i had a sample in the car just in case) but of course they used strips oh well. everything checked out and i got my money back. they were out of the juliis, and said they were getting more in monday, so i'll probably go back tuesday and try again. lets hope these guys are a little bit better.

Tags
cories

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com