Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Glad you had the sample water and that you got your money back. Nothing replaces the heartache of losing them, but at least the store did right by you.

Mine are in an 18 in. deep tank so it is not that. I've heard of people having corys do just fine in deeper tanks. I think there is an older thread here on it, or maybe it was on another forum from a Google search.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah, i honestly think it was just weak stock, but i still don't know. i sure hope these next guys do better... or i'm just gonna find a different place.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would personally get my corys from somewhere else. I wouldn't go back when I'd lost so many it wa obviously a bad batch. Good luck cos I love my cory clan!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah, i think i'll give them one last shot for redemption, but if i lose these i'm not going back. also good news! did another water change and my little guy perked up a little! he's eating a sinking pellet and sifting around in the gravel like he should be. the bolivian ram also seems to have made friends lol. she guards the little guy and chases the glo-lites away. i'm still a bit doubtful it'll last, but i'm hoping i'm wrong. i'll update in the morning!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Curious what substrate your are running
Old 01-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

sand. they were on gravel at the store.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok, little guy is still alive and kicking! i'm wondering if i might not try just buying one or two at a time to see how they do like that rather then all at once. what do y'all think?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

I am a few days late to this thread, but I am sorry for your loss.
My experience with some chain stores is that roughly 50-75% of the fish I get from them tend to drop dead for no apparent reason within a month or so. Sometimes they only last a few days, sometimes more, but they are not usually healthy in the long run. So, since your params were good, I am guessing that was the case here. I have not had an different luck when purchasing just one fish, or purchasing a group. Its good that they refunded you though.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah. the little guy has deteriorated within the last time i've posted. he's like a time bomb just waiting to croak... therefore i've decided i'm not going to replace them. i'll try them again in the spring when i can ship them from some place more reliable. i usually am pretty lucky with chain store fish, but so far i've never had a good experience with cories from them. i'm disappointed, but at least for the time being i can concentrate on breeding my rams.

Tags
cories

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com