My First Fish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well lol it would probably help if I added the pictures....

Attachments

• DSCF8987.jpg
    DSCF8987.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF8989.jpg
    DSCF8989.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF8995.jpg
    DSCF8995.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF8996.jpg
    DSCF8996.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 68
Very nice. Being that I dont know anything about FW are FW puffers very hardy?

Lol, yes in fact. My mom was like why don't you name him alejandro? 'Nuff said. lol

Supposedly as long as the water conditions are right they are, I do know that they are kind of picky eaters and that they can have very big attitudes for such little balls of energy ;). He is going strong even though he stopped eating brine shrimp for some reason and I had to get him snails. It's weird because they say that they will continue to eat what they have been fed (in this case the b.shrimp) but he just decided he didn't want them anymore.

I have had a few puffers and they are really a lot of fun! They are cool because they are SUPER curious. I think that they are a great first fish...although they tend to dislike tank mates.

Yes I really love their personaolities. They remind me of a dog lol. I am planning on sticking 4 otos in there with him , I was going to get them first but a) no one had them , and b) I was advised against it in a few different areas because my tank is not well established yet algae wise. Then I learned that less aggressive fish should be added first... -_- oh well lol I just hope he is nice to them!

Great fish! They are one of my alltime favs. If you can't get him back on brine, try thawed bloodworms & live or freeze-dried black worms. Ours have absolutely devoured them.

Will do. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can try and get him back on them? I bought a thing of them and if I can get him to eat them it will last me forever because he is the only fish I have right now lol. I keep putting a few in the tank but he doesn't even care about them. He is busy trying to hunt the giant snail that is twice his size lol. Which leads me to another question, can they eat snails that are bigger than them? The LFS gave me a lot of those, even though I told them how big he was.

Yeah, mine grubbed out on thawed blood worms. My friend's puffer would eat until he puked it all back up if you gave him too much lol. He would get SOOO fat. I don't think it was good for him but he lived a good long time and we just made sure we didn't feed him too much.

Back
Top Bottom