My first SW fish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went and purchased the guys on Monday. I dropped off spunky the mantis shrimp, and began watching the fish. The LFS had 2 gold watchman gobies, they'd been in since Friday. One had large tears in his dorsal fin, but the second was right out in front, propped up on his two pectoral fins. Hardly moved, excape to keep his eye on me, but I knew these weren't overly active fish. Looked clean and healthy, not thin, no signs of stress. Got him.
Right next door was a firefish goby. I liked him so much (I was originally looking for a purple firefish) that I got him as well. He was very active, swimming back and forth, and all over the place. Very alert, full fins, and beautiful.
Brought them home, floated the bags for 15 minutes, and then started the 1.5 hour drip-acclimation. Re-floated the bags, and let them in the qt tank. The firefish immediately went behind some rocks, but the watchman looked at me, as if to say "Hey, stupid, where's my substrate?" So I got some sand from the sump, put it in, and he happily settled under one of the rocks. The firefish joined him, and they spent all of day 1 under the rock, right next to each other. They came out and ate, but then returned to their dwelling.
Today, they both ate this morning and this evening, and the firefish now spends his time swimming back and forth and playing in the current. He even stays out whenever I walk by or stop to look in on them. I love them already, I was just glad they're doing well and both eating like pigs.
Here're their pictures.

awesome you just can not get better personality than that nice color choices for your first purchase 2...congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom