Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-28-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
My first SW fish :)

I went and purchased the guys on Monday. I dropped off spunky the mantis shrimp, and began watching the fish. The LFS had 2 gold watchman gobies, they'd been in since Friday. One had large tears in his dorsal fin, but the second was right out in front, propped up on his two pectoral fins. Hardly moved, excape to keep his eye on me, but I knew these weren't overly active fish. Looked clean and healthy, not thin, no signs of stress. Got him.
Right next door was a firefish goby. I liked him so much (I was originally looking for a purple firefish) that I got him as well. He was very active, swimming back and forth, and all over the place. Very alert, full fins, and beautiful.
Brought them home, floated the bags for 15 minutes, and then started the 1.5 hour drip-acclimation. Re-floated the bags, and let them in the qt tank. The firefish immediately went behind some rocks, but the watchman looked at me, as if to say "Hey, stupid, where's my substrate?" So I got some sand from the sump, put it in, and he happily settled under one of the rocks. The firefish joined him, and they spent all of day 1 under the rock, right next to each other. They came out and ate, but then returned to their dwelling.
Today, they both ate this morning and this evening, and the firefish now spends his time swimming back and forth and playing in the current. He even stays out whenever I walk by or stop to look in on them. I love them already, I was just glad they're doing well and both eating like pigs.
Here're their pictures.

125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
Wow, gorgeous fishys!!! Reading about peoples SW tanks makes me REALLY want to get one :P

AussieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
awesome you just can not get better personality than that nice color choices for your first purchase 2...congrats!!
like pictures? visit
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:29 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to mhaynes01
thats really cool lets hope you can keep them for years to come
mhaynes01 is offline   Reply With Quote

first sw

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com