My gorgeous betta!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Firstly thanks to everyone for thier advice over my last couple of threads.
Here is the man himself! He seems to be settling in ok bit has moments of swimming madly up and done (I guess thats normal).

The last dilemma.......what name!!!

Oh and I'm thinking a black background for the tank???

Thanks that was what I was thinking we have black sand too. I have to put a background as the shadows on the wall are driving my cats crazy!

Oh my gosh what a beauty! So colorful like a bag of my favorite candy; Skittles! I read something about a fish tank being crammed with all different colors of fish and the tank being called "skittles". You got lucky and have a betta, one single fish with all the colors! I love this fish! (y)

Wow im pretty sure you tie dyed that fish.

Name him Ty;)

Last name will be Die if anyone asks lol

Lol that is a good one! He just discovered his flowerpot!

Attachments

• image-1666812539.jpg
    image-1666812539.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 115
I just bought a betta that is almost identical to yours! I found him at our local Walmart sitting in a cup in absolute filth. He is getting used to his new 10g and he seems to love it. Here he is

BTW, what type of sand is in your tank? I really love it!

Attachments

• new betta 003.jpg
    new betta 003.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 221
It's caribsea black sand, requires hardly any rinsing at all - if I must admit I didn't even rinse this lot before adding *smack hand* :O

It's caribsea black sand, requires hardly any rinsing at all - if I must admit I didn't even rinse this lot before adding *smack hand* :O

I've considered trying that kind, or blasting sand. I can't make up my mind.

Reygan2 said:
I've considered trying that kind, or blasting sand. I can't make up my mind.

Blasting sand takes FOREVER to rinse. After 2 and a half hours of rinsing my tank was still super cloudy, I'd go with the OPs sand.

Gorgeous betta!!! Is he a hm? I just love his coloring!!

I'm not sure I think he is a half moon his fins aren't as ragged as the crown tails. And thanks he's got much more colour to him now he's home. But kept his pink body and blue splodge!

He's BEAUTIFUL Maestromad, he looks at home already!
I really want a male Betta, nearly got one today but it wasn't meant to be :(
I'll just have to make do with my girls for now!!

Thanks! Yeah he was all settled but seems to have fallen in love with the top of the filter so I can't see him! His harlequin rasboras all died within 48 hrs though :( but the chillies are doing great - going back to LFS tomorrow to get more chillies hopefully they will replace the dodgy harlequins. I'm doing daily pwc too to make sure there are no cycling issues!

Oh, that is a shame! Have you tested the water? Did you use some media from your other tank to help with cycling?
I hate it when fish die, makes me feel like I've failed them :(

My water is ok nitrates a little high but doping daily water changes. Off to LFS in the ext hour to see if they will replace them!

Back
Top Bottom