My hundred dollar fish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi can I ask where your from? I'm pretty sure I've seen this type of moor in our lfs here in the uk , no where near the $100 mark . Certainly no more tha £20 each which I think Is about $15 . Just thinking I might have to see about exporting these ? Lol nice fish tho.

Dont confuse her with butterfly moor- they are fairly common & inexpensive. Most pet stores carry them. True broadtails (veiltails) are very difficult to breed & usually command a higher price tag than what i paid but she isnt show quality. Show quality would be double or triple the price tag. Too expensive for me though i have seen a few at auction that were very tempting!

-Gears-In-Time- said:
Nice looking! Why $100? :eek: That's quite pricey, I've gotten one about 7 years ago for like 3 dollars
But lovely fish to have

Read a couple posts up from yours. It's a rare purebreed moor, not the general pet store variety.

jlk said:
Here are pics of my beautiful new girl!! She is a broadtail (veiltail) moor imported from Hawaii. They are VERY difficult to breed & she was actually one of the less expensive ones due to a few minor flaws. :)

She is beautiful!

Reactions: jlk
Thanks, Shanny! Shes my problem child unfortunately. But, I just placed a bid on another fish (my husband is going to KILL me!!)....cross my fingers! :)

Back
Top Bottom