Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The owner contacted me. He said he would pay all vet bills so hopefully he will follow thru with that. Milo looked better this morning and is also moving better. He took his meds so I hope he will be even better when I get home from work.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm so sorry that your new pal, Milo, took a hit from that nasty dog. Sadly, unleashed dogs are the rule, it seems, not the exception.

Be sure to press charges against the owner. I've been in animal rescue for over 15 years and believe that most dogs deserve a chance, but this mastiff obviously has serious issues and either needs an owner who can work with him or needs to be put down.

I have two chihuahua/terrier mixes and a dachshund/tibetan spaniel mix right now, all rescued from various shelters. I just love them. They're such a huge part of our family.

Sending wet licks and get well butt sniffs from my pack to yours.

75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

It's been another day and he is actually moving around a little better. He has been laying around most of the day but he will get up walk around and try to stretch . I finally got him to drink a bunch of water yesterday by using a straw and letting him lick the water off. going to the vet after work today so I'll know more later. Thanks everyone for the kind words it helps a lot.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well the vet visit went good last night . He has a very slight temperature but the doctor said it's nothing to worry about and it's probably from his meds. He is starting to move even faster now to the point it makes me nervous lol. He was on the couch and when I sat next to him he got up and on my lap for the first time since this whole ordeal and it couldn't of made me happier. He is eating now and the vet said he doesn't need to come back unless he has any issues. She also said he should be back to normal around Monday .
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 10-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

(((((((((milo)))))))))))

I've been so worried....... I'm so glad Milo got a good report card.

I'm always concerned when I walk my 3 little guys (all less than 20 lbs) as there are some big mean owner-couldn't-care-less dogs on our route. I'm interested in what you might have had to do regarding a police report.

Did they end up quarantining the other dog?
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
Old 10-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well animal control has yet to contact me back. So im going call and see what happened later after work. Im supposed to be getting some money from the other dogs owner tonite so ill ask him what he is going to do about his dog and about keeping him in his yard because I will not walk my dog around there while that dog is still there.hopefully he has been reported enough he will do the right thing and get rid of it.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Our animal control officer is very lax in getting back to people. Their heart just isn't in it. Not like you see on Animal Planet where these horrible owners are brought into court and all.

Stand firm. If it could happen to you and Milo, it could happen to multiple other people and their pets as well.

Good luck tonight! Hope all goes well and that the other owner really steps up to the plate.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:35 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well I called him 3 times since 8 o'clock . No answer no return call. I guess it's time to get animal control and the cops involved again.
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Old 11-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Definitely file a police report. That way, you can sue the guy if necessary. The ACO should've already filed something on your behalf anyway. But be sure.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The guy called me Saturday and payed some of the vet bill. He said he will pay the rest next friday. Milo is almost 100% he should be back to normal by the end of the week.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com