My "new" 30g tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khrisNkyersten

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everyone, we're back!! so i finally got the 30g set up :dance: i went ahead and got the sand from petco. i have my butterfly bristlenose pleco, 2 angles, 2 red minors, and 2 scissor tails in there for the time being. i want more plants though and i need some advice on what to do!!
banghead%20-%20Copy.gif
im wanting some kind of grass type thing. (something that spreads maybe?). the plants in the picture are the only plants i have in there for the time being. i found the drift wood and the black "rock" (not sure if its really a rock or some type of coral? its super light for its size lol and kinda porous ) on a nearby beach. so i really need some help with more plant life please?!?! thanks everyone!

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 94
So a few things,

You know about cycling a tank yes? That the beneficial bacteria needs to build up, and since you have fish in already you'll need to keep up on water changes so the process doesn't kill them.

Secondly, that bamboo in the back left corner will rot and pollute your tank. It's not fully aquatic, only the roots should be submerged.

And finally, grassy type plants: vals, sags, hairgrasses. They all (except the vals) come in dwarf for front and mid planting and full size for back row planting.

You'll need the right lighting. I run 6500k daylight bulbs on all my tanks. Only three tanks have special lighting, the others are just the ones I get for cheap at Walmart. They're low wattage, but my plants still grow beautifully. Hairgrass does need higher wattage but the same K rating (6500) and it will do good.

Back
Top Bottom