Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #1

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
My new betta

His name is buddy he lives in a 1/2g tankhttp://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab221/robominer5/B0EBDBB2-58EF-4006-82DC-47E9810FEC5E_zpsdjpze0ep.jpg
I might breed him with my female?

Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

You should really get him another tank. Something 2.5g+ would be sufficient. He also needs a heater because bettas are tropical wish.

Please don't breed him unless you have a place to sell 500 bettas to. Or have the patience to take care of them for months and the right equipment such as containers for them, food cultures, enough plant coverage for the breeding tank, a basic understanding of bettas, genetic knowledge, plus a 20g tank to breed them in! All these things are very important! If you don't even know your betta's basic needs you probably aren't ready to handle 500 of them.

jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #3

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
My new betta

Oh, jessica, i have a 20g for breeding! The water is at 76 degrees due to the fact that it is in a warm room and pressed against a guppy tank. The tank is bigger than it looks, and he is quite happy. My lfs accepts eggs and fry alike but i dont even know if i want to breed them. I need to learn more first.

Tags
betta

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com