My new bolivian rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jondamon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey folks just thought I would share my latest purchase of 4Bolivian rams.

I had to go to PETSATHOME to get these Bolivians. My regular LFS had some issues in the tank with the Bolivians in, so I went hunting around my area for some clean and healthy rams. Was pretty surprised by the tanks at PETSATHOME clean, planted, not overly stocked and the staff were cleaning tanks when I was there. I was asked how big my tank was, what stock I already had, when I last added any fish and how long my tank had been running before they got me my fish.

Anyway here the 4 are.

image-144194152.jpg

image-1766144383.jpg

image-3192490620.jpg

image-655318965.jpg

Jon

Congrats! I myself picked up 2 b. Rams on Monday. How big is your tank? Do you know your male/female ratio?

Tetra1990 said:
Congrats! I myself picked up 2 b. Rams on Monday. How big is your tank? Do you know your male/female ratio?

I have a 200litre or 50gallon tank.

It's home now to
7 Penguin Tetras
7 Zebra Danios
2 Chinese Algae Eaters
4 Bolivian Rams

I don't know male to female ratios yet and they weren't much help in the store.

image-2621336850.jpg

image-3619407182.jpg

Jon

I've been reading about sexing these fish but there appears to be some confusion with chins vs no chins, dorsal fin shape etc the only true way is the breeding tubes.

So up to now I will just wait and see. Three of the four appear to stay together.

My wife says 2 of the 4 have a chin, normal sexing methods would tell me these are females, but nothing is a certainty until breeding/pairing time etc.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom