My new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RafasRumor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yes, new cause they are my first fish ever! Other than some guppy's when I was a child ;)

Anyway, I basically did everything wrong, went to the store and just picked out fish, only thing I watched for was that all fish were community fish and not aggressive, plus suitable for beginners.

In my haste, I kinda forgot to take note of the breeds I bought, so maybe you guys can tell me exactly what I have here? Wont show all my 15 fish, as 5 I know are (unfortunately) dyed Tetra's, 2 are balloon Mollys (didnt know they were deformed) and 3 are Gold Fish ;)

I have some Molly's, this guy is my favorite, his name is Eyes! But in searching internet I have not seen one like him yet, almost all black except his eyes. Is this common in Molly's?

And there Garth!! Garth is VERY shy, seems more active at night, some kind of Loach? He is on the left in the picture.

And Beanie! Oh how I enjoy him! He's just busy, busy, busy!! What species is he? :oops: (right in picture)

Attachments

• Eyes.jpg
    Eyes.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Beanie and Garth.jpg
    Beanie and Garth.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 149
Here is another picture of Garth, he has grown since this picture was taken ;)

Attachments

• Garth.jpg
    Garth.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 94
Three lined cory.

I agree, this is a three lined cory.

On a side note, please do your research next time PRIOR to buying more fish. You need to check out compatibility, tank size requirements, temperature, etc. Buying fish on impulse almost never ends well. ;)

What size tank is this? And, more importantly, is it cycled?

Thanks everybody!!

@LyndaB, yes!! You are so right and trust me, I had absolutely no idea there was so much "to it"! Now I am enjoying it even more though, reading about different breeds and care and such! Wont happen again ;)

Back
Top Bottom