My New Marineland 90 Gallon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
spoonman said:
What kind of fish are you planning for this tank????

Not sure yet? I have thought about angels, then I was thinking rainbow fish and roselike sharks, maybe some cardinal tetras, otos!! Any good suggestions?

Why and do you have any suggestions for me?

spoonman said:
Pleco's love driftwood!!

I have 2 clown plecos in my 26 and they never leave the tree ornament!! I will probably get ones that get bigger than the ones I have now!!

CaptainMako said:
Just don't go flying backwards in those dining chairs.

LOL I will have to keep my boys under control!! We ate dinner in there tonight so I dimmed lights and turn on the aquarium light and it was awesome even though I was staring at air!!

allaboutfish said:
how do you connect the driftwood to the slate? silicone? (im also obsessed with driftwood)!

The easiest way to do it is buy it that way!! LOL Honestly it was on all the pieces when I found them, they are connected with some type of bolt!!

I really like your set up, pretty jealous myself. I have Malaysian driftwood in mine. I had boiled it for about 3 hours and soaked it for a month. I put it in my aquarium and it leached a mild amount of tannins. I read that using SeaChem Purigen it would remove the tannins. So i gave it a shot and it removed the light tea color and the water is crystal clear. Some actually enjoy the look, i didn't mind it but i still wanted to try it.

But again, tank looks great. Can't wait to see it full of life.

I really like your set up, pretty jealous myself. I have Malaysian driftwood in mine. I had boiled it for about 3 hours and soaked it for a month. I put it in my aquarium and it leached a mild amount of tannins. I read that using SeaChem Purigen it would remove the tannins. So i gave it a shot and it removed the light tea color and the water is crystal clear. Some actually enjoy the look, i didn't mind it but i still wanted to try it.

But again, tank looks great. Can't wait to see it full of life.

Thanks, I am so ready for there to be life in it!! I am putting plants and water in this weekend and starting my cycle!! So hopefully first part of june we will have some animal life in this one!!

Back
Top Bottom