My new muppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha aww thanks! I couldn't resist, he's adorable and I love my platys! Even the look-a-likes ?

Did you breed him or buy him? I am not sure what molly fin structure you are referring to, but he honestly looks exactly like a normal guppy to me. In all fairness though, my screen is not the best at the moment.

Did you breed him or buy him? I am not sure what molly fin structure you are referring to, but he honestly looks exactly like a normal guppy to me. In all fairness though, my screen is not the best at the moment.

Got from a friend. The friend who I got this from has black mollies and i could have sworn the fins are the same. Also, again, he is almost an inch larger than my guppies!

Got from a friend. The friend who I got this from has black mollies and i could have sworn the fins are the same. Also, again, he is almost an inch larger than my guppies!

Well, 2 inches is not anywhere near out of the realm of guppy size. While guppy and molly interbreeding seems to happen, it is pretty rare. Not to burst your bubble, because I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet that you have a guppy, not a cross. I have seen some pretty big guppies, especially females like this one.

Back
Top Bottom