My quest is over.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Some of you likely know that I collect vintage aquarium stuff. There is a particular item that I have been chasing for a few years now, and after being seriously outbidded on eBay a couple of times , and sniped once in the past, I have finally laid my hands on one of the holy grails of 60's funky fish things.

In response to Sea Monkeys, Wham-O, makers of Frisbee, came out with "Instant Fish", a kit idea similar to "Sea Monkeys", but using Nothobranchius killifish eggs instead of Artemia.

As you can imagine, since these were produced in 1967-1968, and had a relatively small distribution, there are not a lot still kicking around, much less in mint, unused condition...in fact, only 4 have come up on eBay over the past 4 years, two selling in excess of $50US, but I managed to grab this one for just $20US, including shipping!

I actually startled my daughter with my shout of triumph when I won this thing. LOL

Although I am sorely tempted to try to hatch the eggs to see if some might have somehow managed to survive four decades, I think that I will leave the package intact and the kit mine....besides, I have several batches of fresh notho eggs that I need to be hatching out over the summer anyways.

Attachments

• dsc02148_140.jpeg
    dsc02148_140.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 41
Congratulations on your long sought after find! Glad your persistance finally paid off and big too! What a deal.

That is a very cool aquisition :)
Try spawn them in 60 years :wink: that way you've got yourself 100 year old killies

Back
Top Bottom