My test results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so today is my first day using a api master test kit. I have previously been using test strips. Yesterday's results (using strips) were

No3 250
No2 5-10
Gh 16
Kh 7.6
Ph 6.8-7.2
Cl2 ok

Today's results are

ammonia 0.25
No3 160
No2 5
Ph 8.2

I am using fish food every couple of days. I'm into my second week of fish less cycling. I just wanted to make sure this results are ok? Or any advise you think I may need. I no it's a long process so I can have healthy happy fish. But I don't want to mess up and have to start again.
How far am I into the cycle now?

Thanks in advance for your help in this long process ?

How's my tank doin? Any advise? Water change needed? Or just leave it be?

Holy crap do a water change!!!! Your nitrate level is extremely toxic. You need nitrite and ammonia to be zero and nitrates between 10-20. Do a 50% change tonight and another one tomorrow. Then continue daily 25% changes until you've reached the levels as stated above

Even though I'm in a fishless cycle?? Thought things were meant to get high before lowering? Or am I entirely wrong?

Oh I apologize I didn't see that earlier, phew! Your fine lol. But yeah your getting towards the end. I'd do a 50% water change anyway thought

Haha no probs. Near the end really!?! Days or wks? Lol can you tel I can't wait to go get my fish?? Lol. Ok I will do 50% water change tomorrow now (going bed soon) thanks for your reply

Haha no probs. Near the end really!?! Days or wks? Lol can you tel I can't wait to go get my fish?? Lol. Ok I will do 50% water change tomorrow now (going bed soon) thanks for your reply

Yes your nitrates are skyrocketing which means the process s going smoothly. Your ammonia is almost zero and you have more nitrites so the next thing to drop is nitrites. Once both are zero your ready to put fish in, and nitrates have to be between 10-20 but that can only be accomplished with WC's. Your almost there ?

Ok yay thanks :) when I do 50%water change tomorrow shall I clean filter out with old tank water or leave it?

Thanks so much for your help. I will know doubt be on again for advice haha thank you

Back
Top Bottom