Mystery snail amd Ca and CaCo3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatachimog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HEY everyone,
I recently added a mystery snail (I named him Zip) to my tank
I've been reading up on the best care I can provide and so far have added some calcium to the tank.
On the bottle of Calcium (Fluval sea) the instructions are as such and I wanted some clarification as to exactly what it means in plain English.
On the bottle: "Regular calcium supplementation is strongly recommended. Maintain calcium levels between 400-450mg/L. Always dose calcium and alkalinity supplements several hours apart. Add 5ml per 20 U.S gallon once per week. Weekly dosage provides 10mg/L calcium."
And then this is at the bottom of the bottle... " Note: it is recommended to increase alkalinity by 0.5 meg\L (25mg/L as CaCo3) with each addition of 10mg/L of calcium."

I'm thinking the 0.5meg/L is a typo and supposed to say 0.5mg/L? Or is "Meg" a unit of measurement?
And how do I measure calcium levels? Is there a strip test for that?
And is there a bottle of alkaline solution that I buy??
Aggghhhh just lookin for some help! Thanks everyone!!

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions but for my mystery snails I simply just throw in a chip of an antiacid tab such as tums. That's plenty of calcium for it and the snails love it

Back
Top Bottom