Need an ID on these little guys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A couple weeks back I went to a fish auction and saw some beautiful fish and had to get em. The bag was labeled "A trio of guppies"... On closer inspection it was actually a pair or guppies... These guys are almost done with their 3 week qt... Need an ID... Could they be hybrid?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449526503.945020.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449526535.107963.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449526554.260849.jpg

Sorry for the sucky pics... I suck at taking photos... Plus these guys NEVER stay still and the Qt doesn't not have a good light...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They look like endlers to me, don't know the exact type though. They do look good! How much were they?

They look like endlers to me, don't know the exact type though. They do look good! How much were they?

Thanks, they were just $11 and that was nothing compared to some other steals... We're talking trios of Moscow blacks and purples going for like less than $15... Pretty sure a trio of blue grass and snakeskin guppies went for $5 for each trio... Anyway I had a suspicion they were because I had never heard of guppies with tails like that but didn't really think about it considering my knowledge on distinguishing endlers and livebearers is little or none.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldnt be surprised if they were just a smaller variation of guppy. There are a lot of smaller guppy strains, even with that tail shape

So...from what you guys have said I'll just consider these lyretail hybrid guppies... Do you guys think I got my money's worth with these guys?

Back
Top Bottom