Need help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I been keeping a close eye on my female betta as shes been acting weard and I noticed that one of her fins are gone an she keeps swimming to one side what can I do to help her I took her out of the 10 gallon tank an moved her to a 1 gallon

I know the fish that did it and they are gone now I was also looking at get 2 more female bettas but is it a good idea where I Alrdy have one

Why did you move the betta from a ten to a one gallon if the tank mates are gone and no other stress is happening pristine water conditions will help her heal and no adding other fish till she is healed what are your parameters and tank mates

I know the fish that did it and they are gone now I was also looking at get 2 more female bettas but is it a good idea where I Alrdy have one

Also a harem will work but not in a ten gallon for a harem you need at least 6-7 females and at least 35g or larger

Why did you move the betta from a ten to a one gallon if the tank mates are gone and no other stress is happening pristine water conditions will help her heal and no adding other fish till she is healed what are your parameters and tank mates

Rite now there's 3 hi fin platys 3 neon tetras and 2 tiger sword tails. It's a 10 gallon I took her out bc she was having trouble swimming and keeps getting stuck in the bubble wall. Once I moved her she's swimming fine now minus being a lil lol sided lol

Also a harem will work but not in a ten gallon for a harem you need at least 6-7 females and at least 35g or larger

Not ready to upgrade yet as I will be moving soon so I plan on doing that then

Rite now there's 3 hi fin platys 3 neon tetras and 2 tiger sword tails. It's a 10 gallon I took her out bc she was having trouble swimming and keeps getting stuck in the bubble wall. Once I moved her she's swimming fine now minus being a lil lol sided lol

Hmm I'm going to say probably platys and swordtails did it also that is some hood sized fish you have for a ten I would look into a 5g just for your betta

It was the guppys I had believe it or not they did a job on one of my platys almost lost him and also one of the bit the tail on one of the swordfish only reason I knew it was them was bc I sat there an watched them going after all the fish

It was the guppys I had believe it or not they did a job on one of my platys almost lost him and also one of the bit the tail on one of the swordfish only reason I knew it was them was bc I sat there an watched them going after all the fish

Ah ok I would still look into a 5g for your betta she'll be much happier than a 1g my betta has a 5 all to himself and two nerite snails he cruises all over the tank loving life

Well the 1 is just temp till the fin grows back or she can swim in the 10 again

Just stay on top of the water quality and with the 1g test daily ammonia can rise quickly

I just came in the room and found my female betta dead I guess it was more the the fin as I checked the water be4 input her in

Back
Top Bottom