Need some ideas for next tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wags_zach

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am soon to be purchasing a 60 gallon tank. I want to go with a 'natural' look with sand as my sub straight, good size rocks for hiding and a piece of drift wood in the center. What kind of fish would be good for this kind of environment. I want all different types. I like a tank that has different species. Also, i want to start moving into intermediate fish. Not beginner things like guppies though I would like a small school of those. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

oohh gouramis would be cool. theyre on the aggressive side though..

Consider a single Pearl Gourami or a pair. Gorgeous fish and usually peaceful.

Big schools of Harlequin Rasboras and Cherry Barbs

And maybe some Cories or Kuhli Loaches on the bottom.

Dwarf cichlids are very interesting! There are many species to choose from. Most are community safe.
Peacock gudgeons are also pretty cool and colorful.
Loaches have lots of personality and are fun to watch!
There are many species of livebearers that are uncommon that are cool. Most of them are pretty easy but they are unusual.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Thanks guys. So far my favorite in my current tank are my Bala Sharks. They make this cool clicking sound when they eat. Also my Amano shrimp is pretty cool. I love keeping my guppies too. They come right to me when I walk in the room.

Bala Sharks will outgrow your 60 gallon. They get huge!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom