New 100G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am getting a 100G tank next week and now Im wondering what should i introduce first. I have:
4 black widows -(8 inches)
2glass catfish- (6 inches)
1 cory- 2 inch
1 male marble angel- 6 inches
4 mountain minnows-8 inch
= 30 inches total
I am thinking of adding
2 female Angels and 2 corys = 12 + 4 = 16 inches
So that leaves me with 46 inches so i have about 50 inches of fish left.

So my question is, can I bring in the new angels and corys immediately with the others into the new tank when the tank is circulated, (since the new big tank is new to them anyway) and when can I introduce some other new fish? Im hoping to bring in some color with platies, discus, gouramis and guppies over time. Are they all good tank mates and is my numbers right shcool wise?

I woukdnt recommend the corys they are extremely sensitive to ammonia and nitrites. Im guessing you me what can you introduce to cycle the tank?

Basically I am moving the fish I already have to a bigger, 100G tank. I only have 1 cory and as they are schooling fish I wanted to get 2 more... Ps its one of those small albino corys with the red eyes. My little guy seems very happy at the moment but I think he needs buddies!

Oh wait, I see what you mean now, no the tank would already be cycled once I introduce them.

Well if youre cycling the tank before adding the fish, it shouldnt matter what you introduce first.

As far as I know some fish can become dominant and agressive, like angels for example. Is I said in my post I want to know if its fine the way i want to do it, to add two females for my male angel etc. also im adding new fish and my current fish to a new tank, is that ok, is the numbers in the schools ok? Those were the questions . Anyone with info on that would be greatly appreciated.

Add the angels last that way there is less if a chance of them developing "my tank" syndrome and harassing the other fish

Ah yes thats it, thank you Wiggles! Unfortunately I had to fetch the 4 black widows and 2 glass catfish today from the guy Im getting the tank from so I had to put them with the others in my tank and "My tank syndrome" is a good explanation of whats going on... My precious Angel is not acting so precious and is chasing the new ones around :( I just hope he gets used to them quick! When the new tank is set up and ready, do you think I should keep the angel in the old tank for a week or so before I add him again to the big tank or do you think he will know the tank mates and still act in charge? MAybe i can add the new females before i put him in to get something to keep him busy??

Back
Top Bottom