Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2011, 02:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

New 10G came with fish, help me identify them.

Hi everyone,

Well I just bought second hand a 10G that I intend to use for rearing fry but it came with a few fish! 6 neon tetras, 3 guppies, 1 pleco, 1 catfish (haven't actually seen it yet), 1 goldfish (don't know what type),1 dwarf cichlid (I think?) and 2 of some other kind of cichlid. Can anyone help me identify these fish. The cichlids are gorgeous, my first ones ever besides 2 angels I bought last week.

The cichlids and tetras will go in my 45G and the guppies in my 20G. Question, will this fancy goldfish mix okay if I put it in my pond with my other regular type goldfish?

I'm thinking this tank was way overstocked for it's size.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new fish.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	56425   Click image for larger version

Name:	new fish 2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	56426  

Click image for larger version

Name:	new fish 3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	56427  

Old 10-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Picture 2 is a german blue ram

Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi,
First pic looks like a bloodfin or columbian tetra. Second pic is a male GBR. Third is a fancy goldfish, looks like a shibukin, and I wouldn't think he would do good with a pond, especially because they're more sensitive than regular common golds.
You are correct, that tank was way overstocked.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the help. I moved the 2 columbian tetras and the gbr into my 45 G, I'm sure they'll be much happier there. The bigger columbian was bullying the smaller one, I hope he'll mellow out after a while, I think he has angry fish syndrome from being stuck in a 10G. They are big muscley fish and seem to enjoy powering back and forth through their new space.

The new 10G is showing 10ppm nitrate and 6.5 ph and this is after a 70% water change yesterday during the move. Added crushed coral and reducing bioload, gonna let wisteria take over and make it a happy place for fry.

Tags
identify

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com