New 150g Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well gang I told you that I had a surprise coming and here it is. Sunday I'm going to pick up my new 150g Tall tank. This tank is going to replace my current 72g bow and will serve as my reef for a while. The 210 is now put on hold pending a possible move in the next few months. The opportunity to pick up this tank came from a fellow member of WAMAS (Washington (DC) Area Marine Aquarium Society) in trade for some of my corals. Yes you heard right I'm getting a 150g tank in trade for some of my corals.

I have my 72 and a 55g tank up for sale right now to eliminate a few of my excess tanks. I plan to have 2 and only 2 tanks running. The 150 and the other 55g Frag tank are all I plan to keep going. I'm going to have pics posted later this weekend of the new tank. I plan on making the move from the 72 to the 150 over next weekend. I will take pics along the way and post them here and probably create a new thread housing the "150 build".

So now you know why I wasn't so upset about not getting the 125 a few weeks ago.

More to come....

So do I! I would love for you to have it.

It is going to be a weekend full of work...the new 150 is going to take some serious planning on my part. I'm doubling the size of my reef tank and that is going to be interesting....I'll have to upgrade my lighting eventually but for now what I have will work....

Great pick up Allen. Cant wait to see the pics. BTW PM me how much you want for each tank. I need an eel tank.

After a church function today at 1:00pm we will be heading out to get the new 150.

I will post some pics tonight of the tank and start the new thread. I will have to do some planning after I get the tank home. It looks like I'm going to have to break down and get that Vortec MP40W. That means my new camera will have to wait a little while longer....hmmm that is a tough call...

Anyway stay tuned I will be loading up on new pics and a few new items.

I picked up the tank this afternoon and got it into the house without any injurys or damage. Here are a few pics of the tank infront of a 55g FW tank of mine. The tank is 48x24x30
1011492smallqf4.jpg

Bucket for scale.
1011495smallay6.jpg

I'm planning on starting the build of this system next weekend. I'm also planning to start a new thread for it. I will post the link in this thread for the new.

Ah, placing corals down low will be a fun project for you. I like the dimensions, just prefer a longer tank for tangs, etc to swim in. You'll have room for lots of growth though. Congrats.

Now you have a nice long weekend to work on it too!

That is one tall tank. Time to upgrade your lighting.
I see it's not Reef Ready. Are you going to drill it?

Where I work there is no such thing as a long weekend. I'm only off Friday night and Saturday night. Back to the grind on Sunday. I would rather have a longer tank as well but this was a "freebie" so I couldn't pass it up. A couple of corals to the guy I got it from and it was mine.

gosh ziggy - sorry about the disater that occured here

how did you even attempt to get stuff in there??

Back
Top Bottom