New 40 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chapin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey ppl, i just bought a new 40 gall tank,(my 3rd tank) but i don t know what to put in. My other 2 tanks are a normal cold water tank, goldfish,snails and pleko. My other tank has Plattys, Guppys and an Ottocinclus. So far i m doing well with them i had a few frys and they look healthy. I had a deal on a 40 gal tank, its a normal set up, with the heater and everything but i don t know what to put in! I work alot and i don t have that much time for them, so far i ve taken care of my other fish and everything is all right. Please give me your opinions, and recommendations. Thanks in advance for you good advices ppl. (Please check my other post, i have diatoms in my cold water tank and my pleko doesn t eat them please help me)

Thank You
Chapin

Last edited:
i just bought a new 40 gall tank,(my 3rd tank) but i don t know what to put in.

I can just imagine this real nice 40 gallon SW tank in your house. LOL. Give it a shot we will help you out with advice.

Ok so your advice would be salted water(SW) is it more complicated than plattys and guppys? cuz im looking for an easy entertaining and beautiful fish or snail or crabs or even dwarf frogs

I`m not saying it is more complicated but it will be different. As far as entertaining and beautiful fish check out my images. It will be challenging but it can be rewarding. There are many on this site that will help you along the way.

Back
Top Bottom