Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
New 6ft tank

EDIT: Sorry realised posted in wrong thread.

I have recently picked up a 6ft tank, so excited I can finally have clown loaches! Have been spending some time thinking about what I would eventually like to have in it (Will be quite a while before its set up and ready for fish!) and have come up with a list but would like to know if this would be too many fish and if they would be ok together. Also what would be good to start with?.... Any advice greatly appreciated!

Tank size - 6ft(W) x 15in(D) x 18in(H)

Would definately like to have
Clown Loach x 6
Black Ghost Knifefish x1
Silver Sharks x 5 or 6

Would also like
Congo Tetra x 6-10
Angel fish x 1-2

Many thanks

carapetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I find AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor to be a great tool for planning what fish and how many to add to a tank.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing" A. Einstein
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
"We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough." Helen Keller
Deep Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
personally i wouldnt go with the bgk since the tank isnt that wide. i would also go with a bigger group of clown loaches.
mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Clown Loach x 6
Black Ghost Knifefish x1
Silver Sharks x 5
Congo Tetra x 6
Angel fish x 2
this is what that calculator says
Note: Clown Loach may pretend to be dead at times.
Warning: Congo Tetra may become food for Bala Shark.
Note: Black Ghost Knife Fish only eats live or frozen foods, no flakes. Need a well planted tank with lots of hiding places.
Warning: Black Ghost Knife Fish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.
Warning: Congo Tetra will likely to fin nip Angelfish.

Your tank is too small - it will require massive amount of frequent water changes each week!

Your aquarium stocking level is 219%.
Your tank is seriously overstocked. Unless this setup is temporary, you should consider a larger tank.
Sometimes life is best left to it's own devices.
If your not happy at what you're looking at, you're looking at it the wrong way.
My 320g tank build in progress watch at ---> http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f71/320g-build-journey-experiment-128784.html
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com