New 6ft tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carapetty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
EDIT: Sorry realised posted in wrong thread.

I have recently picked up a 6ft tank, so excited I can finally have clown loaches! :D Have been spending some time thinking about what I would eventually like to have in it (Will be quite a while before its set up and ready for fish!:() and have come up with a list but would like to know if this would be too many fish and if they would be ok together. Also what would be good to start with?.... Any advice greatly appreciated!

Tank size - 6ft(W) x 15in(D) x 18in(H)

Would definately like to have
Clown Loach x 6
Black Ghost Knifefish x1
Silver Sharks x 5 or 6

Would also like
Congo Tetra x 6-10
Angel fish x 1-2

Many thanks

Last edited:
personally i wouldnt go with the bgk since the tank isnt that wide. i would also go with a bigger group of clown loaches.

Clown Loach x 6
Black Ghost Knifefish x1
Silver Sharks x 5
Congo Tetra x 6
Angel fish x 2
this is what that calculator says
Note: Clown Loach may pretend to be dead at times.
Warning: Congo Tetra may become food for Bala Shark.
Note: Black Ghost Knife Fish only eats live or frozen foods, no flakes. Need a well planted tank with lots of hiding places.
Warning: Black Ghost Knife Fish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.
Warning: Congo Tetra will likely to fin nip Angelfish.

Your tank is too small - it will require massive amount of frequent water changes each week!

Your aquarium stocking level is 219%.
Your tank is seriously overstocked. Unless this setup is temporary, you should consider a larger tank.[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

Back
Top Bottom