New 75 cl score..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just snagged a 75 off craigslist for 50 bucks with a metal stand, nice t8 with mirrored reflectors and a crate of goodies (mostly crap,but a sweet piece of dw and a nice gravel vac) now the tank is old, the reseal job is gnarly, I'm going to reseal it myself proper like. The question is... no center brace?? There's no obvious sign of one ever being there either.. the trim is old fake wood.and the glass is pretty thick, 1/2" If not 9/16".. was this the industry standard in the 80's??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
don't think many of the older tanks had that center brace
don't think the center brace became more standard until the mid 90's
could always build yourself a nice stand to get rid of the old steal frame
those frames get me nervous just thinking about them lol
still a nice score take your time resealing it not to get any air bubbles

That's what I figured.. thanks for the confirmation! Yes the steel frame will most likely go to scrap.. I just took it for the guy.. he wanted it all gone.. I'm going to build it into a wall as soon as I own a wall I can put tanks in;)

That's what I figured.. thanks for the confirmation! Yes the steel frame will most likely go to scrap.. I just took it for the guy.. he wanted it all gone.. I'm going to build it into a wall as soon as I own a wall I can put tanks in;)

Lmao at the last sentence. Know the feeling all too well ??

Back
Top Bottom