New addition (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
He needed a home. and was really cheap.

Attachments

• trig2.jpg
    trig2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 35
  • trig3.jpg
    trig3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 66
He is a niger trigger. They are classified as aggresive but he is a big baby. His owner was moving and could not find a home for him. He thinks he is a chromis and schools with them only he is a lot larger. They are finally trusting him. So far a great fish with no problems and was eating out of my hand the first day.

Stripes he is actually that color. All the ones I have seen are dark but he is a velvet purple like a crown royal bag, I think I will name him crown royal

That is a beautiful color. I've never seen one like that. I usually see the dark blue ones. I'd like to get one but my tank is too small. How big is he right now?

They are a blast and that is a great looking one as well. The nigers are typically one of the more doscile of the triggers (except with inverts). I had one with a humu trigger, bw heniochus, porc. puffer, and dwarf lion fish. The niger was the only model citizen of the bunch.

Ya snails are going to be a no no in that tank....i would sacrifice the niger trig for snails IMO cleaning power is nice to have in a large tank that size....and he will most likely get aggressive towards other fish once he has addapted. Good luck!

Man what a dream. A 525 gallon acrylic with 900 pounds of lr. I would kill!! :twisted: jk but that is an awesome trigger!! Glad to hear that he is not aggressive also. Good luck with your long list of options for that thing!

Back
Top Bottom