New addition to my community!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CephalopodCove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just added this cute Albino Bristlenose Pleco to my 10 gallon community tank! My betta stalked him for a few minutes but has decided he had better things to do. The new guy is voraciously eating so I assume he's doing well!

Also at this LFS I got him from they had some peculiar fish. They had a foot long HUGE gourumi, electric catfish, alligator gar. It was a little crazy but I wanted everything!

Also, there was a particular fish I want but I can't figure out exactly what it is. He had it listed as a Black Percula Clown. And it is a black clownfish. But it had neon green fins! I can't find anything like it online :(

Sorry to say a 10g is too small for this species. They have a large bioload and need room to grow. No species of Pleco can thrive in a 10g. IME.

Once you have algae growing on one wall you could try a Nerite snail.

Wait, but bristlenoss only grow to 4 inch max? I know common places were too big but I thought the bristlenose was okay :(

Wait, but bristlenoss only grow to 4 inch max? I know common places were too big but I thought the bristlenose was okay :(

they can get 6 inches, but usually max out around 4.5. 30 gallons is usually recommended for bristlenoses as they produce a lot of waste. a better option for a 10 would be some otocinclus catfish

I have 2 Otis. I let my local guy talk me into the pleco. He 90% of the time doesn't be me so I trusted him on it. Darn, now I don't know what to do with him...

it will be fine for now, as long as its still small. i would either look in to getting a 29 or larger tank, or return it while you still can

Would him adding extra filtration work? I know a bigger tanks better but if he has a spare filter would that help for now?

yes it will help and so will larger water changes. i would only keep him if you KNOW you will be getting him a larger tank. I'm not a fan of people keeping fish until they get bigger and trading them in

He's still really tiny. And I don't think I can do a larger filter in this tank due to my betta but I can definitely do more water changes. I'm working on cleaning out a room for my tanks and I usually see good deals on craigslist so I may be able to convince my family into letting me have one more. Plus its an excuse for more fish.

He's still really tiny. And I don't think I can do a larger filter in this tank due to my betta but I can definitely do more water changes. I'm working on cleaning out a room for my tanks and I usually see good deals on craigslist so I may be able to convince my family into letting me have one more. Plus its an excuse for more fish.

Yeah I'm currently trying to talk my mrs into letting me but a rack of 8 fish tanks (not big tanks only 24inch each but I could then have my guppies in smaller groups to stop nipping hopefully plus I could upgrade to 4 tanks at 48inch each instead. 8 bare tanks and sturdy aluminium stand £125 (around $200 I think) I think it's a good deal personally

That does sound like a good deal! I have my 10, a small 2 shrimp tank, and an in progress 20 long. My dad said if I take care of it I can look for a new tank for this little guy

That does sound like a good deal! I have my 10, a small 2 shrimp tank, and an in progress 20 long. My dad said if I take care of it I can look for a new tank for this little guy

Cool I'm so hooked its ridiculous! Constantly looking at how I can afford a bigger tank, this may be the solution I've been waiting for! :-D

Back
Top Bottom